GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Violence affecting people"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/01/02 at 02:56
Regular
People are always complaining every time a violent game comes out, GTA 3 being a perfect example. They say it can affect people so they carry out the things they see in the games they play... What, do they think there weren't psychos before games came out? And will all the mentally unstable people suddenly stop killing if they ban all violent games?

The people who carry out these acts are already disturbed, if they don't do something they see in a game they will do something they see on TV or in a film

Games now have to be careful with what they put in content wise, and I don't think this is right

Sure, YOUNG kids may be affected because they can immitate what they see while growing up, but it should be up to the parents to make sure their young children don't see what they don't WANT them to see. So many times I've seen parents buying little 10 years games like GTA 1 through 3 and Soldier of Fortune, and you just KNOW they're the type to see what their child is playing and complain to the shop

So what are your thoughts?
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Thu 03/01/02 at 02:56
Regular
"That's right!"
People are always complaining every time a violent game comes out, GTA 3 being a perfect example. They say it can affect people so they carry out the things they see in the games they play... What, do they think there weren't psychos before games came out? And will all the mentally unstable people suddenly stop killing if they ban all violent games?

The people who carry out these acts are already disturbed, if they don't do something they see in a game they will do something they see on TV or in a film

Games now have to be careful with what they put in content wise, and I don't think this is right

Sure, YOUNG kids may be affected because they can immitate what they see while growing up, but it should be up to the parents to make sure their young children don't see what they don't WANT them to see. So many times I've seen parents buying little 10 years games like GTA 1 through 3 and Soldier of Fortune, and you just KNOW they're the type to see what their child is playing and complain to the shop

So what are your thoughts?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.