GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does The Xbox play P.C. games?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/01/02 at 00:06
Regular
The subject speaks for itself
Thu 03/01/02 at 00:06
The subject speaks for itself
Thu 03/01/02 at 00:09
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
I think that'd almost defeat the point of Microsoft releasing a game's console.

Gotta say, I don't know a great deal about the Xbox, but as far as I was aware it most certainly DOESN'T play PC games.
Thu 03/01/02 at 00:09
does the xbox play pc games? please reply me, by telling me all the games and peripherals being released on the xbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I have pre-ordered for an Xbox and ordered for the official Xbox magazine.
Thu 03/01/02 at 12:32
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I don't know. But loking at the growing rate of technology you can see that there's a possibillity of it happening in the future! Some chip or something will probably be around soon. You can guarrentee that as soon as a hacker gets his hands on an X-box, he'll be playing around with it to see what can be done!!
Thu 03/01/02 at 20:34
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Ummmmm... well, the Xbox is just a more powerful Dreamcast... and you really see them playing PC games don't u!

Fact is, no, the Xbox is a CONSOLE, not a PC, and in no way can play PC games.

The only reason people think this is because it's made by MS, a PC company... however, it's made by a completely different (and new) section of the company who are true gamers.

Sonic
Thu 03/01/02 at 20:40
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
well i doubt it will but who knows, i've heard it will have its own version of microsoft word though.
Thu 03/01/02 at 21:18
Firstly, Microsoft is not a PC company - they just happen to be a software company that control most of the PC's on the planet!
Secondly, it would be worth their while producing a specific box to play PC games - PC's are getting just as cheap now, if you exclude things like the monitor, RAM, keyboard, mice etc.
Thu 03/01/02 at 22:20
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
sherman wrote:
> well i doubt it will but who knows, i've heard it will have its own version of
> microsoft word though.

I'm about to make a severe 'sweeping' statement, and REALLY hope that i'm correct... but,

Xbox is NOT a PC in a box. It won't play PC games, be compatible with PC-specific hardware, or have it's own versions of various Microsoft products.

It plays games, has the ability to watch DVD's, and can get online.

Just because it's made by the biggest computer company in the world, doesn't mean it'll end up being comparable to a PC.
Thu 03/01/02 at 22:31
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
ADH, how on earth are you STILL a Newbie?!?!?

Anyway, the xbox doesn't play DVDs out of the box... u need an upgrade for that (which includes remote, drivers etc)...

But the box does have a modem and hard drive :)

And for the last time...

XBOX DOES NOT PLAY PC GAMES!
Fri 04/01/02 at 17:53
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
yup so it is final now the xbox does not play pc game, nor does a pc play xbox games(yet).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.