GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If Sega……………"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/02/03 at 16:40
Regular
Below I will explain in my opinion how Sega will dominate the market slowly but surely.

If Sega keep a watchful eye over the gaming industry, they can dominate it once again and as we all know online gaming is to make its way into our PS2, Xbox and maybe in time Gamecube homes. This is said to be the biggest step forward in the gaming industry since 2 controller ports. But what Bill Gates and his nerdy crew do not know is that this going to be the destruction for them Sony and in time Nintendo. This is because simply of us, they will go to any to step to get the root of all evil and that is money. If that step is to charge outrageous costs for broadband monthly fees and games they will walk it. Us the Joe public will not be able to afford £29.99 a month plus an installation fee and I haven’t even mentioned if you can’t pick up broadband and you need some funny little contraption to boost the signal that costs them £2 to make but they sell it to you for £20.00.

Another problem is the unreliable servers that break down most of the time and then only a small portion of the UK can play such quality titles like Everquest Adventures online and Final Fantasy 11, which to my knowledge don’t have an offline option where you can play by yourself. This will be frustrating to most gamers who have forked out £44.99 for a game that only plays online and paid £29.99 a month when they can’t even make use of them. The only way round this problem would be to bring out a normal modem that wouldn’t cost as much as the broadband and would lower the monthly fee. Unless this happens the expected amount of us playing online will not live up to its name. If they fail to release a normal modem then you can kiss goodbye to Bill Gate’s bankrupt little behind, no more Sony and say sayonara to Nintendo.

The online life expectancy is dropping and the companies are losing millions everyday and eventually going in to debt. All this time Sega has been keeping a almost vulture’s outlook on the whole thing waiting to see its pray die because of the blistering heat and then swoop in and eat it. In normal term’s, they have got enough money from making games to release one final console which could make or break their company, which relies on offline gamers. To their luck it pays off and Sega makes millions with new versions of Sonic, Rez and Headhunter. They also manage to get the rights to characters like Donkey Kong, Mario and Luigi and release games for these, which are big hits. So all in all it’s going to be a great new era for Sega and they will continue to dominate the gaming industry, until some mad bloke blows up their headquarters. This is my image of the gaming future maybe it doesn’t agree with yours, but like it says below my name So What?
Thanks for reading
Feel free to post your opinion on this topic.

BckPack
:>P
Fri 28/02/03 at 17:54
Regular
"aka [EIRE] Taig"
> i agree we should do something about the servers. and by all means
> sega will pick themselves up and maybe oneday be the leading console
> and computer gaming industry!
> They are losing millions which is a problems, means less games and
> peripherals!
> Not Good.
> well hope sega pick there feet back up and get online again.
> MaNtLePiEcE
Well said
Fri 28/02/03 at 17:53
Regular
Sega are a great company, I will not doubt that and I love the company. But the other companies will not die, the console industry is bigger than the movie industry. They all take time to find out what's best for them- just today I took a survey for microsoft, who are trying to improve their services and find out what charges are suitable for the 12 month subscription of live. I think all will stay in it for a while but I want Ninty to give up on consoles and become a publisher like Sega- they aren't good at consoles but they are great at games.
Fri 28/02/03 at 16:45
Regular
""It's me u want""
Bckpac wrote:
>
> If Sega keep a watchful eye over the gaming industry, they can
> dominate it once again and as we all know online gaming is to make its
> way into our PS2, Xbox and maybe in time Gamecube homes. This is said
> to be the biggest step forward in the gaming industry since 2
> controller ports. But what Bill Gates and his nerdy crew do not know
> is that this going to be the destruction for them Sony and in time
> Nintendo. Another problem is the unreliable servers that break down most of the time.
> The online life expectancy is dropping and the companies are losing
> millions everyday and eventually going in to debt. All this time Sega
> has been keeping a almost vulture’s outlook on the whole thing waiting
> to see its pray die because of the blistering heat and then swoop in
> and eat it. In normal term’s, they have got enough money from making
> games to release one final console which could make or break their
> company, which relies on offline gamers. To their luck it pays off and
> Sega makes millions with new versions of Sonic, Rez and Headhunter.
> They also manage to get the rights to characters like Donkey Kong,
> Mario and Luigi and release games for these, which are big hits. So
> all in all it’s going to be a great new era for Sega and they will
> continue to dominate the gaming industry, until some mad bloke blows
> up their headquarters. This is my image of the gaming future maybe it
> doesn’t agree with yours, but like it says below my name So What?
> Thanks for reading
> Feel free to post your opinion on this topic.
>

i agree we should do something about the servers. and by all means sega will pick themselves up and maybe oneday be the leading console and computer gaming industry!
They are losing millions which is a problems, means less games and peripherals!
Not Good.
well hope sega pick there feet back up and get online again.
MaNtLePiEcE
Fri 28/02/03 at 16:40
Regular
"aka [EIRE] Taig"
Below I will explain in my opinion how Sega will dominate the market slowly but surely.

If Sega keep a watchful eye over the gaming industry, they can dominate it once again and as we all know online gaming is to make its way into our PS2, Xbox and maybe in time Gamecube homes. This is said to be the biggest step forward in the gaming industry since 2 controller ports. But what Bill Gates and his nerdy crew do not know is that this going to be the destruction for them Sony and in time Nintendo. This is because simply of us, they will go to any to step to get the root of all evil and that is money. If that step is to charge outrageous costs for broadband monthly fees and games they will walk it. Us the Joe public will not be able to afford £29.99 a month plus an installation fee and I haven’t even mentioned if you can’t pick up broadband and you need some funny little contraption to boost the signal that costs them £2 to make but they sell it to you for £20.00.

Another problem is the unreliable servers that break down most of the time and then only a small portion of the UK can play such quality titles like Everquest Adventures online and Final Fantasy 11, which to my knowledge don’t have an offline option where you can play by yourself. This will be frustrating to most gamers who have forked out £44.99 for a game that only plays online and paid £29.99 a month when they can’t even make use of them. The only way round this problem would be to bring out a normal modem that wouldn’t cost as much as the broadband and would lower the monthly fee. Unless this happens the expected amount of us playing online will not live up to its name. If they fail to release a normal modem then you can kiss goodbye to Bill Gate’s bankrupt little behind, no more Sony and say sayonara to Nintendo.

The online life expectancy is dropping and the companies are losing millions everyday and eventually going in to debt. All this time Sega has been keeping a almost vulture’s outlook on the whole thing waiting to see its pray die because of the blistering heat and then swoop in and eat it. In normal term’s, they have got enough money from making games to release one final console which could make or break their company, which relies on offline gamers. To their luck it pays off and Sega makes millions with new versions of Sonic, Rez and Headhunter. They also manage to get the rights to characters like Donkey Kong, Mario and Luigi and release games for these, which are big hits. So all in all it’s going to be a great new era for Sega and they will continue to dominate the gaming industry, until some mad bloke blows up their headquarters. This is my image of the gaming future maybe it doesn’t agree with yours, but like it says below my name So What?
Thanks for reading
Feel free to post your opinion on this topic.

BckPack

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.