GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Royal Mail lost it and Ebuyer aren't helping!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/02/03 at 17:04
Regular
Here's my situation. . .

I had to post back some faulty goods I ordered from Ebuyer (worth £60) and I sent them Via Special Delivery. Now, Ebuyer say they have not had them back and Royal Mail say and have got the form to say it has been delivered. However, the only thing on the form is a scribbled signature and not any name or details etc etc.

Ebuyer are not helping me very well at all and they have not responded to the action they told me to take. I faxed them what they wanted 8 days ago and they have not been back in touch.

Can anyone suggest what my next course of action should be?

Thank you very much.
Fri 28/02/03 at 23:43
Meh, small claims court maybe, if you had any evidence about what has been happening...
*Lesson, never take drugs!*
Fri 28/02/03 at 23:02
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I think you're going to have to send them an e-note like they've told you. Clearly state all the details and make it plain you are less than impressed with the level of service, the Royal Mail has given you proof that someone at the address they gave you received it, make that clear too, and drop a hint that should they fail to reply satisfactorily you will take it up with either your card issuer (I'm assuming you paid by credit/debit card, in which case you could initiate a dispute) or Trading Standards - they've lost the goods and have not provideded a replacement.

Most of the time there is nothing wrong with using less well known companies, but I must admit that for anything over the price of a DVD I stick to major ones like Amazon, who screw up with alarming regularity but always compensate.

Amazon's greatest mishap with me so far was where I was sent two gift wrapped novels meant for a woman in Boston USA, and my Christina Aguilera song book was received by her......hilarious :)

PS Don't swear, and spellcheck :)

~~Belldandy~~
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:39
Regular
"That's right!"
Never 'eard of 'em. I always go with the bigger brand companies (Play, Jungle etc) because it's easier to kick up a fuss if something goes wrong.
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:15
I was going to buy a printer from them too.
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:15
Regular
"Mudda owns BEARDS :"
BEARDS. wrote:
> Parr wrote:
> Can anyone suggest what my next course of action should be?
>
> Find their head office and burn it down.

Yep. Or failing that, PHONE head office and make an official complaint.

When was it the day that you recieved the goods?
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:12
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Phone watchdog, they will sort you out, and give you television coverage. Its a win win situation.
Fri 28/02/03 at 18:27
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
BEARDS. wrote:
> Parr wrote:
> Can anyone suggest what my next course of action should be?
>
> Find their head office and burn it down.

Me and you think alike.
Fri 28/02/03 at 18:24
Regular
"Festivus!"
Tóm wrote:
> You've got to love ebuyer's customer service...

As much as my own Sexually Transmitted Disease.
Fri 28/02/03 at 17:42
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
You've got to love ebuyer's customer service...
Fri 28/02/03 at 17:33
Regular
"^_^"
Belldandy wrote:
> You mean ebuyer.co.uk ?
>
> They've got a customer support number on their website, if it's not
> them then post the address of the one it is.
>
> ~~Belldandy~~

Same place with a .com or .co.uk

And that customer service number is just an automated number. That is the one I rang and got "contact the website" from. I really want to talk to a member of the Ebuyer staff so I can have a go at them and actually get some real answers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.