GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resi Help"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil'.
Fri 28/02/03 at 18:45
Regular
After finishing Eternal Darkness I thought I'd go back to resi, give it another go.

It's still lame, unwieldy in a bad way and stuff, but I paid for it and plan to finish it before trading it in.
And I'm damm well going to enjoy it.
(I really won't :^) )

One problem with that, I'm stuck. Already :^S

Playing with Jill, I've done the arrowhead bit, got back and had the acid shells from that bloke and got the blue diamond from the statue above the dining hall.

But there doesn't seem to be anything new to do, all the doors are still locked and I can't find anything that needs doing.
I'd assume either the purple book or story development would lead to me getting through one of there fricking doors, bu it's not happening...

Help!
Fri 14/03/03 at 08:31
Regular
"Severly mind-warped"
Dr Duck wrote:
> *Discovers rotating item affects inspection*
>
> *Slaps self with idiot stick*
>
> Thanks :^)

Inspect EVERY item you get, sometimes there are switches that reveal other things. Like when you get a coin from a dog's collar, you press a button and it reveals something.

I proper crap myself when you walk down a narrow corridor and there are zombies banging on the windows and you're thinking "They're gonna come through at any minute", then they do and you're like "AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH" *browns himself* "Whoopsie" lol

Know what I mean? ;)
Fri 28/02/03 at 22:13
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yah. I've done it 4 times, Jill/Chris on easy and normal each.

Jill on hard next. I was playing it through, and I noticed some really cool stuff. Just the way the water moves in the mines and things. It really is an incredible looking game.
Fri 28/02/03 at 21:40
Regular
Decided to play this through for the 4th time on hard with Jill the other night.

The graphics still wow me, there's so many little details i've missed before.

Like the bit where you come back from killing the plant and the Zombies jump through the windows. When you first go past the windows before you kill the plant you can see one of the Zombies shadows cast on the wall from where he's standing outside waiting to pounce.

Well it impressed me at least.
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:49
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
That's where I'm stuck!

Well, where I got up to before I crapped myself!
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ah crap.

I thought you said you'd only got the arrowhead!

:D
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
In the main hall, go up the first set of stairs, and investigate the wall infront of you. A door will open, and then go into the graveyard. Run along, put the arrowhead in the end part, and go donw.

Get the book, get the key, and unlock lots of doors.
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:28
Regular
*Discovers rotating item affects inspection*

*Slaps self with idiot stick*

Fri 28/02/03 at 18:50
Regular
Did you take the Sword Key out of the back of the book in the crypt?
Fri 28/02/03 at 18:45
Regular
After finishing Eternal Darkness I thought I'd go back to resi, give it another go.

It's still lame, unwieldy in a bad way and stuff, but I paid for it and plan to finish it before trading it in.
And I'm damm well going to enjoy it.
(I really won't :^) )

One problem with that, I'm stuck. Already :^S

Playing with Jill, I've done the arrowhead bit, got back and had the acid shells from that bloke and got the blue diamond from the statue above the dining hall.

But there doesn't seem to be anything new to do, all the doors are still locked and I can't find anything that needs doing.
I'd assume either the purple book or story development would lead to me getting through one of there fricking doors, bu it's not happening...

Help!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.