GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Right...I have 2 DVDs to claim now"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/01/02 at 20:56
Regular
Both me and my sister have a GAD Prize 3 to claim (My sister is a one hit wonder that goes by the name of Kat Mac). What the hell do we get?

At present, my families DVD collection consists of: American History X, Blazing Saddles, Romeo Must Die, Shawshank, Pearl Harbor, Private Ryan, Fight Club, Shrek, and Hackers. Seven + Austin Powers 2 should be in the post about now.

So, I leave it to you good people to decide the two that we get. I'm considering Battle Royale...
Wed 02/01/02 at 20:56
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Both me and my sister have a GAD Prize 3 to claim (My sister is a one hit wonder that goes by the name of Kat Mac). What the hell do we get?

At present, my families DVD collection consists of: American History X, Blazing Saddles, Romeo Must Die, Shawshank, Pearl Harbor, Private Ryan, Fight Club, Shrek, and Hackers. Seven + Austin Powers 2 should be in the post about now.

So, I leave it to you good people to decide the two that we get. I'm considering Battle Royale...
Wed 02/01/02 at 20:59
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Get the Matrix revisited
Wed 02/01/02 at 21:02
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
allardini wrote:
> Get the Matrix revisited

Got that for my last GAD. Next.
Wed 02/01/02 at 21:04
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Get Memento
Wed 02/01/02 at 22:59
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
go for Girlfight or Mallrats. Mallrats is the product of comedy genius Kevin Smith and features a plethora of quotable lines that you can role out at any occasion safe in the knowledge that no one else has watched mallrats and anyone who has will just respond with another mallrats quote and respect you. It's a gilt-edged, guaranteed winner every time.

Girlfight is the thinking man's GAD, it's provactive, interesting and features girls boxing against boys. Brilliant stuff.

Battle Royale is out on the 21st of January and I haven't seen it yet, so I'll reserve judgement. But the director is a genius.
Wed 02/01/02 at 23:08
Regular
"One More Chance"
Me, Myself And Irene is a great film. A must buy or win as this case is.
Wed 02/01/02 at 23:12
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Not sure whether anybody stocks it, but anyone who is a fan of the League of Gentlemen should DEFINATELY get the live Drury Lane performance DVD.

Hillarious.
Wed 02/01/02 at 23:13
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
ADH wrote:
> Not sure whether anybody stocks it, but anyone who is a fan of the League of

Anybody!? I meant "not sure whether SR stocks it" but for some strange mystical reason got it COMPLETELY wrong.
Wed 02/01/02 at 23:18
"possibly impossible"
American Beauty, fantastic movie and the documentary on the making of the film is fine.

Transformers the movie - just because.

Tarzan - because sometimes you need a little Disney, and this is one of the best.

Independence Day - the 2 disc pack is stunning and the 5.1 version of the film just blows you away.

Star Wars Episode 1 - Go on, you know you really want to see it again for the good bits. The other disc is well worth getting it for anyway.

Lord of the Rings (animated) - Mixed reviews, but I like it.

Terminator/Terminator 2 - two of the best DVD sets around for extras, and fine films to boot.
Thu 03/01/02 at 01:17
Well it all depends on your taste in films, but three or four relatively recent releases I would go for are:

- Cast Away
- Star Wars: The Phantom Menance
- Terminator 2: Ultimate Edition
- Transformers The Movie
- Traffic
- Gladiator

..whoops that's more then four :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.