GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stop Bashing Sony"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/07/07 at 08:46
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
They are quite capable of doing it themselves.

No price cut for Euro PS3 console
Fri 13/07/07 at 15:15
Regular
Alfonse wrote:
> I thought it was quite apparent that both Nintendo and Sony hate
> Europe.

Nintendo especially - tying the entire console to the frame rate of the region so Europe gets slower consoles than everyone else! (Note I don't have a Wii to confirm...)
Fri 13/07/07 at 14:09
Regular
"lets go back"
I've never bought a console straight away anyway. Its only die hard fans who do that. When a bigger selection of games comes out and bundle packs become available, people will start buying them and the price will have dropped. Look at the 360. That's been out for 6 months longer than the PS3 and its only recently started looking anywhere near decent to me. It now has a variety of games at a reasonable price. The PS3 (as with all consoles) will follow suit in 6 months.
Fri 13/07/07 at 13:44
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
David Reeves Interview

Well from reading this, theres some implication that the bundle isnt a permanent offering either and just something they're doing for the summer.
Fri 13/07/07 at 13:34
Regular
A lower price gets my vote.
Fri 13/07/07 at 13:30
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Garin wrote:
> I always love the playground enconomics where people think that
> if something is 600 dollars then of course it should be selling
> for 300 pounds here. :)

I'm well aware of the economics, git!
Fri 13/07/07 at 13:18
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Poll on the BBC Website:

Which would you prefer from Sony?

A cheaper PS3? 83.84%
Free games and controllers 16.16%

5409 Votes Cast
Fri 13/07/07 at 12:59
Regular
Around here, bashing is slang for jerking off.

I thought it was quite apparent that both Nintendo and Sony hate Europe.
Fri 13/07/07 at 12:48
Regular
"8==="
There's nothing playground about it when importing's involved.
Fri 13/07/07 at 12:46
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I always love the playground enconomics where people think that if something is 600 dollars then of course it should be selling for 300 pounds here. :)

Anyway, theres something better to bash sony about. CVG are reporting that the US price cut is just to get rid of stock of the 60gig version and that're dropping it after July. So they'll only be the 599 model left.
Fri 13/07/07 at 11:23
Regular
"lets go back"
I originally thought £425 was expensive because you have to add over £100 for games and controllers etc to make it £550. Adding two games and a controller to the pack and keeping it at the same price isnt that bad. Your overall spends have been reduced by over £100 so its effectively a price cut. Shops will start doing various bundle packs and special offers towards Christmas and no doubt there will be further reductions in Feb/March when games tend not to sell as well in the post Christmas lull. Chances are there are very few games any of you want to play on it yet any way, so it should be a reasonable price in 6-9 months when the good games are coming out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.