GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Open Letter to MIR."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/01/02 at 18:24
Regular
Its a very interesting read, says a lot about most of the games companies, and reminds me of Black&Whites problems.

Dear MIR,

Where do I start? The faults of MIR are endless, we are once again treated so badly because we are not the base country for the game. We pay the most, we get the least and the bits in between make me sick.

When I began MIR I was very impressed at the spread of gamers and the fact that it was something that I could easily become addicted to.

Not that this will help but I now playtest games for Nintendo, before that Eidos in Wimbledon. I have played my fair share of games across all formats... when it comes to the game of Legend of MIR I know exactly what is happening.

If MIR said wait four months, we all would. Why because we are being played with, like girls play with little dolls. We are all playing this game, on unadequate servers which produce over 60% of the lag we get. We pay a lot of money for this game, and this is one way we get treated.

What has made me even begin to type this topic is the dismissal of the GM malerin from the game. Clever move there MIR. You should bloody think before you do something like that. What effects will it have on your players. Let me do a bit of math:

approx. 2000ppl pay a month--- thats 1200GBP ($18000).

Now then, this is a game they are thinking of leaving exactly how it is, and then releasing something else to merge with it (which was our free patch). Then we have to pay to play that new merged game. They calling it a new game, when infact it was what we were told we were going to get from the fudging beginnning.

What goes towards what we pay? Lag? Everyone has it, even the players with cable connections. Its not their dial ups that are the problem, believe me, from my home we run an internet database server. Its MIR's server which ruins the game we pay for.

Premature release I am sure. Maybe the gits in Italy who started this off should actually think about the people outside the italian version. Who seem to get answers to questions and help over there. Stop paying with our money MIR.

Luckily I type this with my last p2p just finishing. I don't feel I want to play anymore, for one thing its a waste of money. The next would be its a WASTE of time considering we WILL NOT be able to move our characters across to the new game (which was our PROMISED patch).

As MIR can make promises and not keep them, so can one 17 year old who has had enough WEMADE company crap to last a life time. I PROMISE, people will hear about this because I am just about to file a report of unfair promotion to a hierachy. Obviously that was complete crap. I bet it sounded good though! Do you see a link/pattern.

'Looking forward to the patch on December 15th'

'NO patch, a new game... we want your money'

Whats this topic all about then? Well, I cannot persuade you to stop playing MIR. As its not going to make much difference because we are all sheep anyway... following the sheperd in every way...

Let me ask you... WHY ARE YOU PLAYING MIR?

SubConsciously its to become the very best. The highest. Well people that will all be taken away soon enough. With this new game whatever.

Oh yeah! I REALLY F'ING expect a reply from some MIR person saying I have picked up the wrong facts or I am out of order. Let me say people 'you take your sides.... I already have'.

What else.... I have so much more to say.. I want peoples opinions first.

Warning to MIR... IF YOU DELETE this, I will create a website against MIR. You do know everyone is going to play CityOfHeroes when thats released instead?

WHY? Because its a BETTER GAME!

Get over your italian legs, start playing for us, NOT against us.

NO Thank You.
er-no
Sat 05/01/02 at 20:35
Regular
er-no wrote:

No reply, account locked... I am
> making the website though. HA, those t***s.

Better watch out MIR men...Joby is on the loose :D
Sat 05/01/02 at 20:35
Regular
"¬_¬"
Stuff MIR, go for Everquest. Great game, and with a free full version with the February edition of PC Zone, you can't go wrong.
Sat 05/01/02 at 20:33
Regular
"everyone says it"
MJswerve wrote:
> Heh, nice letter Joby. Italians....what did you expect :P I remember when you
> used to live in the world of MIR for hours and hours, constantly with your MSN
> on busy :) Obviously timnes have changes and so has the game I remember you
> loving....

No reply, account locked... I am making the website though. HA, those t***s.
Sat 05/01/02 at 15:08
Regular
Go go Joby-o
Sat 05/01/02 at 14:40
Regular
"You've upset me"
'Ard Man Joby :-D
Sat 05/01/02 at 12:46
Regular
Heh, nice letter Joby. Italians....what did you expect :P I remember when you used to live in the world of MIR for hours and hours, constantly with your MSN on busy :) Obviously timnes have changes and so has the game I remember you loving....
Sat 05/01/02 at 09:49
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
pb wrote:
>but I still wouldn't have anyway, because I had
> my suspicions about this type of company.

What do you mean man?
Sat 05/01/02 at 07:39
Regular
"everyone says it"
pb wrote:

Oh well, good luck on getting a
> reply, I'd have changed a few of the bits and pieces, but it has to be
> personal.

It was personal, I didnt pause once while I typed it, which is how I like to do things, very freestyle as soon as I think them. Now I am able to touchtype its great to post on the forums as I can read in the left open window what I am replying to..

And No, NO reply what so ever, I have been banned from the game though for a while, for trying to start a 'ANTIMIR Website' Surely thats unfair.. but nothing I cna do, stupid italian idiots.
Wed 02/01/02 at 21:40
"possibly impossible"
er-no wrote:
> Grix Thraves wrote:
> What's so good about an online RPG?
> Eh?

:0)

*turns on PC.. hears the wav file*

..in a Connery stylee.

MIR was nice when it was free, at least you didn't have to worry about bugs and things and I had enough time for er-no to walk me through the game world (cheers!). Did I subscribe to it? No. Well, to be honest, I didn't really get far enough to anyway, but I still wouldn't have anyway, because I had my suspicions about this type of company.

Oh well, good luck on getting a reply, I'd have changed a few of the bits and pieces, but it has to be personal.
Wed 02/01/02 at 21:37
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I haven't plauyed on a Virtua Boy...

...I've played on a Virtua Girl, but i was only about 12... and immature, adolescent hormone rages are to blame for that!

Game: Innocent!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.