GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XboX Vs PS2???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/03/03 at 11:55
Regular
OK, which side are you o? PS2 or XBOX? I can tell you now that if I had to pick a side it would be PS2 and that's only because I have one. But which Console is the best in the Console Wars? XBOX and Playstation 2 have got to be the big ones. But is there really a best console? I mean, aren't they all just the same machines with a differant look, some differant games and a touch better graphis?
Let's look at the XBOX. I know for a fact that any of you readin this has access to a PC or owns one. If you bought an XBOX I don't understand why because the XBOX is basicly a PC cut down into a box. Same Graphics, same games, and you spent about two hundred pounds on the machine!
People bought the PS2 because of five reasons.
Number one: The games for the PsOne are begining to stop being made - no new games for the Playstation.
Number two: The Playstation 2 has "perfect" grahics.
Number three: Sony basicly forced you to buy it.
Number four: The PS2 has internet access.
Number five: It can also play DVD's.
But can't your PC do all of that? The XBOX is no differant from the PS2, okay, I'll admit it has a bit better graphics than the PS2 but dose that really make it the best console ever?
Put it this way - Grand Theft Auto one - This game was in no way the best for graphics. In fact it probably only matched Mega Drive graphics. But everybody loved it. Am I right? Yes. But now look at Final Fantasy six. In my opinion, a great game no matter if it was a SNES game brought into the PsOne. Nobody liked it because the graphics were bad. But why did they like GTA? Guns. That's what these gamers like today, they like gangsters, guns, cars, theft, and chaos. They don't like the story line. Not all gamers though; I think that the story line is what makes the game, and I can't be the only one.
Why am I talking about games now? Well what do you actually buy the console for? To look nice on your bookshelf? You buy it for the games.
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Metal Gear Solid 2 out on PS2 only? Then why is MGS 2: Substance coming out for XBOX before the PS2? Because Microsoft though "Hmmm... MGS is a huge game, why don't we get it's sequal on the XBOX and we'll make more money!". But you don't know the MGS story unless you have a PS2. But people are looking forward to it's release! Why? Guns, probably.
So is there really a "Best Console"? The consoles are dependant o their games, and the games are what make the console live on. So whose the best out of XBOX and PS2?
Well ask yourself this: "Do I enjoy playing the games?" because that's what counts.

Chris Morris.
Sat 01/03/03 at 11:55
Regular
"Chris Morris"
OK, which side are you o? PS2 or XBOX? I can tell you now that if I had to pick a side it would be PS2 and that's only because I have one. But which Console is the best in the Console Wars? XBOX and Playstation 2 have got to be the big ones. But is there really a best console? I mean, aren't they all just the same machines with a differant look, some differant games and a touch better graphis?
Let's look at the XBOX. I know for a fact that any of you readin this has access to a PC or owns one. If you bought an XBOX I don't understand why because the XBOX is basicly a PC cut down into a box. Same Graphics, same games, and you spent about two hundred pounds on the machine!
People bought the PS2 because of five reasons.
Number one: The games for the PsOne are begining to stop being made - no new games for the Playstation.
Number two: The Playstation 2 has "perfect" grahics.
Number three: Sony basicly forced you to buy it.
Number four: The PS2 has internet access.
Number five: It can also play DVD's.
But can't your PC do all of that? The XBOX is no differant from the PS2, okay, I'll admit it has a bit better graphics than the PS2 but dose that really make it the best console ever?
Put it this way - Grand Theft Auto one - This game was in no way the best for graphics. In fact it probably only matched Mega Drive graphics. But everybody loved it. Am I right? Yes. But now look at Final Fantasy six. In my opinion, a great game no matter if it was a SNES game brought into the PsOne. Nobody liked it because the graphics were bad. But why did they like GTA? Guns. That's what these gamers like today, they like gangsters, guns, cars, theft, and chaos. They don't like the story line. Not all gamers though; I think that the story line is what makes the game, and I can't be the only one.
Why am I talking about games now? Well what do you actually buy the console for? To look nice on your bookshelf? You buy it for the games.
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Metal Gear Solid 2 out on PS2 only? Then why is MGS 2: Substance coming out for XBOX before the PS2? Because Microsoft though "Hmmm... MGS is a huge game, why don't we get it's sequal on the XBOX and we'll make more money!". But you don't know the MGS story unless you have a PS2. But people are looking forward to it's release! Why? Guns, probably.
So is there really a "Best Console"? The consoles are dependant o their games, and the games are what make the console live on. So whose the best out of XBOX and PS2?
Well ask yourself this: "Do I enjoy playing the games?" because that's what counts.

Chris Morris.
Sat 01/03/03 at 11:59
Regular
BORING
Sat 01/03/03 at 12:01
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's like a cube, but for games.
Sat 01/03/03 at 12:03
Regular
Morius wrote:

> But you don't know the MGS story unless you have a PS2.

Actually, like MGS2, if you've never played it before, it tells you the entire story.
Sat 01/03/03 at 13:34
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
GameCube.
Sat 01/03/03 at 13:35
Regular
""It's me u want""
all of them, ps2 more though
Sat 01/03/03 at 13:39
Regular
""It's me u want""
i agree... these topics have been done soooooo many times before, get over it, its BORING!
Sat 01/03/03 at 13:45
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Morius wrote:
> OK, which side are you o? PS2 or XBOX? I can tell you now that if I
> had to pick a side it would be PS2 and that's only because I have one.
> But which Console is the best in the Console Wars? XBOX and
> Playstation 2 have got to be the big ones. But is there really a best
> console? I mean, aren't they all just the same machines with a
> differant look, some differant games and a touch better graphis?
> Let's look at the XBOX. I know for a fact that any of you readin this
> has access to a PC or owns one. If you bought an XBOX I don't
> understand why because the XBOX is basicly a PC cut down into a box.
> Same Graphics, same games, and you spent about two hundred pounds on
> the machine!
> People bought the PS2 because of five reasons.
> Number one: The games for the PsOne are begining to stop being made -
> no new games for the Playstation.
> Number two: The Playstation 2 has "perfect" grahics.

Who said that? You, Sony?

> Number three: Sony basicly forced you to buy it.

How?

> Number four: The PS2 has internet access.

Along with Xbox, and GC.

> Number five: It can also play DVD's

Along with xbox. Oh, and the DvD player is pants!

> But can't your PC do all of that? The XBOX is no differant from the
> PS2, okay, I'll admit it has a bit better graphics than the PS2 but
> dose that really make it the best console ever?
> Put it this way - Grand Theft Auto one - This game was in no way the
> best for graphics. In fact it probably only matched Mega Drive
> graphics. But everybody loved it. Am I right? Yes. But now look at
> Final Fantasy six. In my opinion, a great game no matter if it was a
> SNES game brought into the PsOne. Nobody liked it because the graphics
> were bad. But why did they like GTA? Guns. That's what these gamers
> like today, they like gangsters, guns, cars, theft, and chaos. They
> don't like the story line. Not all gamers though; I think that the
> story line is what makes the game, and I can't be the only one.
> Why am I talking about games now? Well what do you actually buy the
> console for? To look nice on your bookshelf? You buy it for the
> games.

This guy is quick!

> Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Metal Gear Solid 2 out on PS2
> only? Then why is MGS 2: Substance coming out for XBOX before the PS2?
> Because Microsoft though "Hmmm... MGS is a huge game, why don't
> we get it's sequal on the XBOX and we'll make more money!". But
> you don't know the MGS story unless you have a PS2. But people are
> looking forward to it's release! Why? Guns, probably.

Probably because not all xbox owners are kept in a small room, where they can have no knowledge of the outside world. Basically, xbox owbers know about MGS.

> So is there really a "Best Console"? The consoles are
> dependant o their games, and the games are what make the console live
> on. So whose the best out of XBOX and PS2?
> Well ask yourself this: "Do I enjoy playing the games?"

Yes.

> because that's what counts.
>
> Chris Morris.

What a guy!
Sat 01/03/03 at 13:53
Regular
Shut up!! Shut up!!! SHUT UP !!!! Morius.
Sat 01/03/03 at 13:54
Regular
""It's me u want""
J-42 i think youve made your point!

:-) lol

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.