GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XboX Vs PS2???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/03/03 at 11:55
Regular
OK, which side are you o? PS2 or XBOX? I can tell you now that if I had to pick a side it would be PS2 and that's only because I have one. But which Console is the best in the Console Wars? XBOX and Playstation 2 have got to be the big ones. But is there really a best console? I mean, aren't they all just the same machines with a differant look, some differant games and a touch better graphis?
Let's look at the XBOX. I know for a fact that any of you readin this has access to a PC or owns one. If you bought an XBOX I don't understand why because the XBOX is basicly a PC cut down into a box. Same Graphics, same games, and you spent about two hundred pounds on the machine!
People bought the PS2 because of five reasons.
Number one: The games for the PsOne are begining to stop being made - no new games for the Playstation.
Number two: The Playstation 2 has "perfect" grahics.
Number three: Sony basicly forced you to buy it.
Number four: The PS2 has internet access.
Number five: It can also play DVD's.
But can't your PC do all of that? The XBOX is no differant from the PS2, okay, I'll admit it has a bit better graphics than the PS2 but dose that really make it the best console ever?
Put it this way - Grand Theft Auto one - This game was in no way the best for graphics. In fact it probably only matched Mega Drive graphics. But everybody loved it. Am I right? Yes. But now look at Final Fantasy six. In my opinion, a great game no matter if it was a SNES game brought into the PsOne. Nobody liked it because the graphics were bad. But why did they like GTA? Guns. That's what these gamers like today, they like gangsters, guns, cars, theft, and chaos. They don't like the story line. Not all gamers though; I think that the story line is what makes the game, and I can't be the only one.
Why am I talking about games now? Well what do you actually buy the console for? To look nice on your bookshelf? You buy it for the games.
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Metal Gear Solid 2 out on PS2 only? Then why is MGS 2: Substance coming out for XBOX before the PS2? Because Microsoft though "Hmmm... MGS is a huge game, why don't we get it's sequal on the XBOX and we'll make more money!". But you don't know the MGS story unless you have a PS2. But people are looking forward to it's release! Why? Guns, probably.
So is there really a "Best Console"? The consoles are dependant o their games, and the games are what make the console live on. So whose the best out of XBOX and PS2?
Well ask yourself this: "Do I enjoy playing the games?" because that's what counts.

Chris Morris.
Sun 02/03/03 at 18:53
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Morius wrote:
> J-42 wrote:
> Morius wrote:
> Number four: The PS2 has internet access.
>
> Along with Xbox, and GC.
>
> yeah but GC and Xbox wern't out at the time people were buying PS2's
> were they?

Yeah, good point. Still, they're out now.
Sun 02/03/03 at 15:18
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
XBOXLive is impressive, but to be fair, there's little out the, in terms on LIVE game to woo the vasual gamer. Moto GP: URT is a major plus, but not too many people are into MOTO GP as it is. Unreal is terrible without the patch, and people don't want to start downloading patches so soon. NFL Fever, Mech Assault and Whacked are still only okay if you can hack the games anyway. Ghost Recon is ace, but dated graphics and the promise of HALO On-Line will see it die out quite soon.

X-Box Live is all very exciting, but it's not even launched here yet. If sony can come out with GT4 and Pro Evo 3 / Fifa Online sooner than Microsoft can give us HALO 2, don't be surprised if SONY smoke Microsoft in round 1.

Game
Sun 02/03/03 at 14:57
Regular
I didnt read wot you wrote , i just think Xbox is better online and offline . Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!
Sat 01/03/03 at 22:59
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Thats a good way to be.
Sat 01/03/03 at 22:57
Regular
"Chris Morris"
I didn't really explain this in what I wrote, but I just think all the consoles are the same, just with differant grahics and games. I know you can't exactly compare Gamecube to PsOne but I'd say that the three of them (Xbox PS2 and Gamecube) are just the same in quality.
Sat 01/03/03 at 20:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
chadyboy3 wrote:
> PS2 is definitely the best you could heat up your whole house with the
> xbox

Ignoring the ignorant and stupid latter part of that post. How in gods name in heaven and hell and everything bewtween is the PS2 the best?

Really?
Sat 01/03/03 at 20:20
Regular
""It's me u want""
well i personly like both as i have nothing against the Xbox, infact the "tech specs" overate the ps2 anyway.
Sat 01/03/03 at 20:17
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
chadyboy3 wrote:
> A very childish comment about the X-Box.

Cant you just say that you like the PS2? Why do you have to insult other consoles?

You see, most people on this site respect all consoles for what they are. We know all consoles have their bad points and good points. Thats why we hate stupid little Fanboy comments like yours.

Okay?
Sat 01/03/03 at 20:09
Regular
PS2 is definitely the best you could heat up your whole house with the xbox
Sat 01/03/03 at 20:07
Regular
"Chris Morris"
The Game wrote:
> I've got all three, but if I had to lose my XBOX or my PS2, i'd have
> to let my PS2 go. Not least because my elder brother only really plays
> on my XBOX. But then again, personally, i'd rather stick with a PS2
> with the promise of another Pro Evo, and more games like Frequenct and
> maybe even another Fantavision.
>
> The biggest Pro for XBOX is that most people believe that the
> multi-format games run better on it. And to an extent they do. NHL
> Hitz for example... 2002 edition saw full player reflections in the
> ice compared to the GameCube's reflection up to the knees and the
> PS2's shadows... but noticabley to the casual gamer, the XBOX doesn't
> excel THAT well. It's all word of mouth, but it works. Which is why
> I've got Tiger Woods 2003, Rocky, Hitman 2, Kelly Slaters Pro Surfer
> and formerly TimeSplitters 2 all on my XBOX when the PS2 incarnations
> were, in most cases, released beforehand.
>
> Xbox is also a new machine, it's got a lot of strenght over the PS2 in
> terms of power, the Hard Drive is a major plus, especially where User
> Soundtracks, and mortgage saving on memory cards is concerned. I don't
> really have a favourite anymore... I'll always have a soft-spot for
> Nintendo, and if I could only have one console, another Metroid,
> Zelda, Mario, Pikmin, Mario Kart, Mario Golf etc etc would far
> outweight any desire for GTA: San Andreas or, dare I say it, HALO
> 2/3.
>
>
> Game

THANK YOU!!! This is the kind of reply's I want, not all this other crap calling each other idiots and insulting each other. Thank's Game!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.