GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 Online Already ..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/03/03 at 15:05
Regular
There's this broadband pack from Datel you can buy right now, you can play all the online games thorugh your current Broadband link.
Although, I don't have broadband : (

Just thought you'd like to know - it's probably on theie site - www.codejunkies.com.
Have fun etc etc, but I'm sure most people will wait for the official one, if you're desperate, go get it.

Huzzah!
FFF
Sat 01/03/03 at 15:05
"period drama"
There's this broadband pack from Datel you can buy right now, you can play all the online games thorugh your current Broadband link.
Although, I don't have broadband : (

Just thought you'd like to know - it's probably on theie site - www.codejunkies.com.
Have fun etc etc, but I'm sure most people will wait for the official one, if you're desperate, go get it.

Huzzah!
FFF
Sat 01/03/03 at 15:17
SR sell it, its in the new mag: Page 12.

Go-Net Online Adaptor - £24.99
Sat 01/03/03 at 15:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
*finds 5 crisp, new £5 notes in his wallet*

Off to buy one now as i can't be bothered to wait for Sony to get their butts in gear for Europe.
Sat 01/03/03 at 15:38
Me aint got Broadband, doubt we will here even when the Official one comes out.

Think I might have to move...

They've been digging up the roads for the last couple of months putting stuff in, dont know what??? And then they'll have to dig them up again soon to put the Broadband in... Stupid people, could have done them both and saved everyone time...

Anyways... Have fun with your online gaming...
*stupid people with broadband* :)
Sun 02/03/03 at 09:44
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Why? wrote:
> And then they'll have to dig them up again soon to put the Broadband in.

Hmm...seems like a good idea, only thing is ADSL runs on current telephone wires, it's just transmitted on a different frequency....sooooo you won't see BT digging any roads up to install BB.

The only thing that's stopping you getting ADSL is the distance from your house to the local exchange or whether the exchange has been enabled for ADSL.

Anyhooo....£25 for an adapter....hmmm, not a bad price, anyone got any idea when Sony are going to get in shape and release the official one?
Sun 02/03/03 at 12:05
Jive wrote:
> Hmm...seems like a good idea, only thing is ADSL runs on current
> telephone wires, it's just transmitted on a different
> frequency....sooooo you won't see BT digging any roads up to install
> BB.

Didn't know that, cheers Jive

The only thing that really bothers me is the price of connection each month and line costs etc. Doubt I'd be able to afford it whilst in Uni...

Looks like its just me and my one player games for a few years...
Sun 02/03/03 at 13:19
Regular
"  "
I signed up for a trial period for the SONY one which will start end of March. Released to public end of April. So, two months. :)
Sun 02/03/03 at 19:24
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Why? wrote:
> Didn't know that, cheers Jive

No problem, here's another bit of information you may not know. If you've just moved into a brand new house on a brand new estate, there's about a 100% chance of you not being able to get ADSL.

Why you ask? Because BT in their wisdom and this wonderful technicalogical age, have made all new housing estates join up to a digital exchange, ie running down fibre optics etc.

ADSL only works over copper wire so BT/Government all wanting us to go the BB route and people on new estates can't even if they live within 3 miles of the local exchange.

PATHETIC!
Tue 04/03/03 at 12:46
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
anyone got one and tried it out yet ?
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:25
Regular
I'am just gonna wait for the Offical Adaptor which will be bundled with something very cool. At the moment it's expected that HARDWARE will be the on-line game supplied with the adaptor, and likely there'll be a modern Demo disc of fourthcoming games.

Also by the way, Are your Broadband Modems campatible??? One of the most commin modems is the ALCATEL Speedtouch USB Modem. It does not have a Ethernet port for the adaptor. I'll be getting a new ADSL modem nearer the time.

P.S Speedtouch modems are supplied with Tiscali Broadband packages and maybe with BT OPENWORLD!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.