GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[Gadget] NSD Powerball"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/07/07 at 15:37
Regular
"Hello."
What is it?

The NSD Powerball is a mix between a gadget and an exercise instrument. While being designed as a way to work out your muscles in your arm and wrist it is also extremely addictive and entertaining to use. There are many different models of the NSD Powerball which I will go into later, each having different looks and feels to them.

How does it work?

The user starts the ball with a thin piece of string which inserts into a small hole in the ball (within the actual Powerball, which is what you hold) then wrapping it around it. This is a lot simpler to understand when you can see it. You can then start the inner ball rotating by sharply pulling the cord, like a lawnmower. Then to keep the ball rotating takes practice and getting used to, it took me many attempts to work it out as the instructions aren’t the easiest to understand. While the ball is spinning you must rotate your wrist in a “stirring movement”, slowly and with long circular movements at first and then faster, smaller circles as you build up the RPM. Experts say that to have the truly top speeds you must rotate your wrist so fast that your hand doesn’t actually move. The faster the ball is spun the more force it will inflict upon your hand and arm causing large pressures acting against your muscles.

What sort of person is this for?

Due to the way the Powerballs are designed, as a non impact exercise, anyone can use them. They mainly benefit sports / fitness enthusiasts as they build up the muscles in your wrist and arms and can supposedly make a huge impact into sports, such as golf or tennis. Whereas, they are also used by a large amount of people who suffer from wrist disorders and are looking for a rehabilitation device, because of the Powerball only being able to exert the amount of force that the user puts into it. Or it can be used by someone like me, as an addictive and fun gadget, while making you feel good for using it as you can feel it exercising your arm.

The different models

The NSD Powerball comes in an array of different model versions depending on you budget and the look or performance you want from it. As I have only tried the NSD Powerball Techno I have used some the information and features of the other models (shown below) from the official NSD Powerball website.

250HZ NSD Powerball (Regular RRP ~£16.99 - Pro RRP ~£24.99) - Available in either Amber/Orange or Blue, the 250Hz NSD Powerball is available with or without a 6 function digital speedmeter / counter.

Neon NSD Powerball (RRP ~£29.99) - Use the same precision balanced rotor as found in the 250Hz models but have the added feature of 6 high intensity LED's (built into that rotor) which glow brightly once the NSD Powerball is spinning.

350HZ NSD Powerball Metal (RRP ~£69.99) - At almost twice the weight of the Neon or 250Hz models, the 350Hz Metal exerts an extraordinary force on the arm and wrist and will test even the fittest player.

Techno NSD Powerball (RRP ~£26.99) - This innovative gyroscope scrolls your achieved score 'magically' across the surface of the rotor (as opposed to displaying it instantly on a digital speed meter as with the other models in the range). The rotor also displays an entrancing collection of 'firelines' as it spins, ranging from red to blue in colour and giving an a truly amazing effect depending on the speed at which it is revolving.

Is it worth buying?

Basically, yes. Since about two months ago when I bought it I have felt my arm get a lot stronger and I use it for maybe two minutes every day. It seems to be getting more popular all the time among people on internet and I have never known or heard someone say it was a waste of money.
The quality is very impressive, I have yet to have any problems at all and people on the official forum generally say if used properly it will last years.
Before I bought it I always thought it looked like a piece of plastic tac and believed it would break after a month but for such a low price I thought why not, how can you go wrong for £20? I would recommend for anyone to try it out, has been the best buy of the year for me.

Final Recommendation

If you are considering buying one of these I would advise you in buying the 250HZ NSD Powerball Pro. All the top scores have been achieved with one of these as the Techno and Neon models use some of the power to use the lights. Also these are supposed to be the easiest to use and best for beginners. But if you want a nice to look at model go for the Techno edition like me, these look extremely impressive once you have the ball going at high speeds with the collection of blue and red lights giving an amazing effect.

10/10 – Buy one now, you cant go wrong with their prices!
Wed 18/07/07 at 12:04
Regular
"Hello."
Recieved my 350HZ Metal Powerball yesterday and must say it is a LOT better than the 250HZ plastic powerballs. It is much more attractive and much smoother to use although it is heavier and so a great deal harder to get high speeds with. Can only get to 8000rpm with it compared to 12000rpm with my Techno model.
Fri 13/07/07 at 17:06
Regular
"Hello."
Yeah it made me laugh when watching that world champion guy using it.
Fri 13/07/07 at 16:38
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I've got one of these and they are pretty good for both strengthening your grip and wrist movemenet. They are also a good laugh when getting other people to use them - yes some people do look like they are having a fit while using them.

:0)
Fri 13/07/07 at 13:57
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
You know, I'm disappointed. Wheres the lowbrow comment about other ways to exercise your wrist eh? Its a pre-requisite for powerball reviews!

I had a look at the official site too. Couple of things that stood out were the little animation of the world champion on the front page and his "sport". What the hell is happening on that animation? It looks like hes having a fit of some description. And on the scoreboard, under sport hes listed "Harpoon Gun", presumably he thinks whaling is a sport or something.

Erm...yeah...good review though. :)
Fri 13/07/07 at 10:22
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I'd never heard of these before but your review makes me want one. Sounds more fun than squeezing a tennis ball at least. Nice review, thankyou!
Thu 12/07/07 at 15:37
Regular
"Hello."
What is it?

The NSD Powerball is a mix between a gadget and an exercise instrument. While being designed as a way to work out your muscles in your arm and wrist it is also extremely addictive and entertaining to use. There are many different models of the NSD Powerball which I will go into later, each having different looks and feels to them.

How does it work?

The user starts the ball with a thin piece of string which inserts into a small hole in the ball (within the actual Powerball, which is what you hold) then wrapping it around it. This is a lot simpler to understand when you can see it. You can then start the inner ball rotating by sharply pulling the cord, like a lawnmower. Then to keep the ball rotating takes practice and getting used to, it took me many attempts to work it out as the instructions aren’t the easiest to understand. While the ball is spinning you must rotate your wrist in a “stirring movement”, slowly and with long circular movements at first and then faster, smaller circles as you build up the RPM. Experts say that to have the truly top speeds you must rotate your wrist so fast that your hand doesn’t actually move. The faster the ball is spun the more force it will inflict upon your hand and arm causing large pressures acting against your muscles.

What sort of person is this for?

Due to the way the Powerballs are designed, as a non impact exercise, anyone can use them. They mainly benefit sports / fitness enthusiasts as they build up the muscles in your wrist and arms and can supposedly make a huge impact into sports, such as golf or tennis. Whereas, they are also used by a large amount of people who suffer from wrist disorders and are looking for a rehabilitation device, because of the Powerball only being able to exert the amount of force that the user puts into it. Or it can be used by someone like me, as an addictive and fun gadget, while making you feel good for using it as you can feel it exercising your arm.

The different models

The NSD Powerball comes in an array of different model versions depending on you budget and the look or performance you want from it. As I have only tried the NSD Powerball Techno I have used some the information and features of the other models (shown below) from the official NSD Powerball website.

250HZ NSD Powerball (Regular RRP ~£16.99 - Pro RRP ~£24.99) - Available in either Amber/Orange or Blue, the 250Hz NSD Powerball is available with or without a 6 function digital speedmeter / counter.

Neon NSD Powerball (RRP ~£29.99) - Use the same precision balanced rotor as found in the 250Hz models but have the added feature of 6 high intensity LED's (built into that rotor) which glow brightly once the NSD Powerball is spinning.

350HZ NSD Powerball Metal (RRP ~£69.99) - At almost twice the weight of the Neon or 250Hz models, the 350Hz Metal exerts an extraordinary force on the arm and wrist and will test even the fittest player.

Techno NSD Powerball (RRP ~£26.99) - This innovative gyroscope scrolls your achieved score 'magically' across the surface of the rotor (as opposed to displaying it instantly on a digital speed meter as with the other models in the range). The rotor also displays an entrancing collection of 'firelines' as it spins, ranging from red to blue in colour and giving an a truly amazing effect depending on the speed at which it is revolving.

Is it worth buying?

Basically, yes. Since about two months ago when I bought it I have felt my arm get a lot stronger and I use it for maybe two minutes every day. It seems to be getting more popular all the time among people on internet and I have never known or heard someone say it was a waste of money.
The quality is very impressive, I have yet to have any problems at all and people on the official forum generally say if used properly it will last years.
Before I bought it I always thought it looked like a piece of plastic tac and believed it would break after a month but for such a low price I thought why not, how can you go wrong for £20? I would recommend for anyone to try it out, has been the best buy of the year for me.

Final Recommendation

If you are considering buying one of these I would advise you in buying the 250HZ NSD Powerball Pro. All the top scores have been achieved with one of these as the Techno and Neon models use some of the power to use the lights. Also these are supposed to be the easiest to use and best for beginners. But if you want a nice to look at model go for the Techno edition like me, these look extremely impressive once you have the ball going at high speeds with the collection of blue and red lights giving an amazing effect.

10/10 – Buy one now, you cant go wrong with their prices!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.