GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best films of all time. IMHO."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/01/02 at 12:26
Regular
The Godfather trilogy.

Got the box set DVD collection thing for Christmas. Watched all three over a couple of days. What can I say? Utter utter genius.

The first is the best, no doubt about it. The plot, characters, acting... everything, is just fantastic. The second one is interesting as it shows the rise of Vito Corleone, played by Bob De Niro in Part 2, I didn't recognise him at all.

The thrid tidy's off the story nicely, and apparently has Nicholas Cage in it, but I couldn't spot him anywhere.

I'm rubbish at reviews, so I won't carry on. Besides, I'm off to have a look at all the bonus stuff now...
Wed 02/01/02 at 12:26
Regular
The Godfather trilogy.

Got the box set DVD collection thing for Christmas. Watched all three over a couple of days. What can I say? Utter utter genius.

The first is the best, no doubt about it. The plot, characters, acting... everything, is just fantastic. The second one is interesting as it shows the rise of Vito Corleone, played by Bob De Niro in Part 2, I didn't recognise him at all.

The thrid tidy's off the story nicely, and apparently has Nicholas Cage in it, but I couldn't spot him anywhere.

I'm rubbish at reviews, so I won't carry on. Besides, I'm off to have a look at all the bonus stuff now...
Wed 02/01/02 at 18:12
Regular
Has no one else watched The Godfather, or something?
Wed 02/01/02 at 18:15
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I saw the first. Amazing film, but over-rated.
Wed 02/01/02 at 19:46
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I got the trilogy months ago and still haven't watched all the extras.

There are hundreds of deleted scenes.

I think number 1 is the best too but not by much. In fact, I couldn't work out why the second one wasn't better until you see James Caan is the flash back thing. Then I realised that it was him that made the first one that much better.

Damn, he rules. I haven't watched number 3 yet, but I already know that's not going to be as good.

I'll finish with a quote, as always. :-D

"When you go to see our mother, I want to know one day in advance so I won't be there."
Wed 02/01/02 at 19:51
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> Has no one else watched The Godfather, or something?

Yes, I've seen it. Mediocre. I didn't enjoy it, and I don't know how it got so highly rated. Goodfellas is much better.
Wed 02/01/02 at 19:52
Regular
The most famous quote from the film has to be:

"I made him an offer he couldn't refuse..."

I wouldn't say that the thrid film is bad, it's a great film, but it's the worst out of the three, definately.

I can't belive the first two are rated 18's. If they were re-rated they would probably be only 12's, as there's hardly any swearing, and not that nuch violence. Just great acting and characters, without going for the shouty-sweary violoence of something like Goodfellas.

I guess things were stricter 20 years ago...
Wed 02/01/02 at 19:55
Regular
Stryke wrote:
Yes, I've seen it. Mediocre. I didn't enjoy it, and I don't know how it got so highly rated. Goodfellas is much better.

WHAT!??!?! How can you say that? If you weren't a Goodkind fan, I'd give you a verbal kicking for that, but I know that you do have taste, somewhere. :-P

Seriously, I don't know how you can say that. Goodfellas is a good film, definately. It's certainly in my top 10 films of all time. But better than The Godfather? I don't think so.

It is all down to personal opinion, and everyone is different, etc etc, yadda yadda. But The Godfather is superior in every way, end of story.
Wed 02/01/02 at 19:59
Regular
I don't like it, and don't suggest it's a Top 10 film. But as you are also a Goodkind fan, I will let you off. For now. It's poor. Watch a Kevin Smith film. Snoochie Moochies :-D
Wed 02/01/02 at 20:05
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I finished the book today - never seen the films though.

Darn good book...hard to see how it would work in three parts though.
Wed 02/01/02 at 20:24
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Your Honour wrote:
> The most famous quote from the film has to be:

"I made him an offer he
> couldn't refuse..."

"My father made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Lucibratzi held a gun to his head and my father said either his brains or his signiture would be on the contract"

:-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.