GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HELP ME PLEASE!My gamecube is broke i think"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/03/03 at 17:38
Regular
I got up this mornin and turned my gamecube on.the screen changed to the game i was playin and then suddenly cut off and changed to the snowy kind of screen that you get.It hasnt been working since although ive checked every wire to make sure its in.Has any one else had this problem.PLEASE HELP i could not live another second with out my cube.
Tue 04/03/03 at 14:03
Regular
"# most wanted #"
Do you pack the Cube away every time you're finished playing with it or do you have it set up all the time ?
The reason I ask this is that back in the N64 days I used to pack my console away after every session and after months of folding up the wires one of the cables eventually broke inside.
I discovered this by setting the machine up in the normal way and then playing about with the leads to see if anything happened - go along each lead with your hands and bend the cables every two to three inches.
If you do find that folding a cable at a particular point restores the telly picture then you have found a break - this should be easy to fix by cutting off the break and re-joining the wires ( or better still - buy a new lead )
If you don't have any success then the Cube is probably knackered - you should be able to claim a replacement through your house insurance though
Good luck !
Mon 03/03/03 at 20:17
Regular
"CHEESE RACING!!!!!"
]-[ØM€® B€€® §ØL!!D wrote:
> When my bro plays on my cube I put pillows round it, he is prone to
> spinning around on my swivel chair, whilst holding my controller. The
> last time he did it I only just caught the cube before it dropped.

im lucky my sis is 18 so more carful than me!
also my gamecube lives in a unit very close to the floor, so if any idiot pulls it off it only has about 1 inch to fall
Mon 03/03/03 at 19:37
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
cookie monster wrote:
> TÞhi wrote:
> I pulled my UK gamecube off a high shelf andit hit my metal bed
> post.
> It know has a small crack in it, nothing bad. But now I use
> wavebird.
> if only it had rumble!
>
> Get yourself a mobile phone with vibrate function, sellotape it to the
> wavebird and then just keep calling the phone.

lol
Sun 02/03/03 at 12:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
TÞhi wrote:
> I pulled my UK gamecube off a high shelf andit hit my metal bed post.
> It know has a small crack in it, nothing bad. But now I use wavebird.
> if only it had rumble!

Get yourself a mobile phone with vibrate function, sellotape it to the wavebird and then just keep calling the phone.
Sat 01/03/03 at 23:38
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I pulled my UK gamecube off a high shelf andit hit my metal bed post. It know has a small crack in it, nothing bad. But now I use wavebird. if only it had rumble!
JC941 had his cube completelty smashed up.
Sat 01/03/03 at 22:44
Regular
Well, although I can't offer any suggestions other than to try it with a new RF/AV cable, I can understand the fear that such a quality device may be broken.

Only this afternoon I was playing Mario Party 4, and for the second time since I bought the game, it crashed, displaying the message "Please switch off the GameCube and refer to the instruction manual for further instructions".

I just pressed reset and continued my game.
Sat 01/03/03 at 21:47
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
you need a wavebird - absolutely amazing !
Sat 01/03/03 at 21:45
Regular
"the burning sky"
When my bro plays on my cube I put pillows round it, he is prone to spinning around on my swivel chair, whilst holding my controller. The last time he did it I only just caught the cube before it dropped.
Sat 01/03/03 at 20:23
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
on a more serious note, get your little bro or sis, or even your mum and dad, take them into a room, sit them down and lock the door, then interogate them until they confess that they spilt that cup of tea in the cooling fan ! It's most likely that something like this has happened, someone was near the cube, dropped summit on it, thought it was better not to tell you, and so now you have to make them confess. it's sad but probably true :(
Sat 01/03/03 at 20:20
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
call the launa men , if they can fix your windows, then they must be able to fix a cube ... maybe ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.