GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gran Turismo 4 - Online only"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Sat 01/03/03 at 18:18
Regular
As reported by this web site, it looks very possible that Sony will make the next Gran Turismo online only. The "only" part is important. If this is right, it won't be Gran Turismo with a Vs online option, the entire thing will be online. You will have to connect (via a broadband connection) to the internet in order to play the game.

So how many people can get broadband?
How many people can afford broadband subscription (and any extra game subscription that may follow).

So, is Gran Turismo 4 online a good idea? Is it going to even pay for it's self due to the low number of people who will be able to play it?
Sat 01/03/03 at 18:33
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
You need one player...

I can't see it being that good if it's just multiplayer, anybody know what racing games are like online?

I can see them being crap really...
Sat 01/03/03 at 18:18
Regular
As reported by this web site, it looks very possible that Sony will make the next Gran Turismo online only. The "only" part is important. If this is right, it won't be Gran Turismo with a Vs online option, the entire thing will be online. You will have to connect (via a broadband connection) to the internet in order to play the game.

So how many people can get broadband?
How many people can afford broadband subscription (and any extra game subscription that may follow).

So, is Gran Turismo 4 online a good idea? Is it going to even pay for it's self due to the low number of people who will be able to play it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.