GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"xbox games not for sale"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/03/03 at 21:21
Regular
Right im asking a question that i think i allready know the answer too why is the xbox not doing as good as it sould be i think i know why but if its not tell me.

1st. xbox games are not for sale in woolworths and whsmiths any were and there not for sale in asda , sainsbury's or others and i think thats whyxbox aint doing as good as it sould be and as a owner of a xbox it makes me really mad plus i have a ps2 and it might make me get a ps2 game instead , i want to know is it just where i live or not.

2nd. People who say its no good are saying it becouse there not used to microsoft doing game consoles, but they sould give it ago becouse i can honestly say its just as good as any ps2 or gc, even better than my ps2 becouse it scratches my games and i know im not the only one . But my xbox does'nt ,i've even played on it from 9.00 am to 3.am the following morning , even my gran parents say its better and they dont like game systems, anyway i think that says something dont you, so on that note i say give the xbox ago.
Sun 02/03/03 at 20:26
$lik wrote:
>
> well if it was me buying a new GC game I would have refused to buy it
> I mean not getting at you cos it was an accident but would'nt anyone
> else refuse to buy that particular disc because it was dropped if you
> were paying full whack for a new game? or is it just me?

Nah, I would have felt the same. TO be honest though, games nowadays rarely come in sealed packaging - I did remember Pikmin was packaged, but with all the PS2 games I've come across, they're always stuck in the manual, held together by a rubber band. In fact, the DVD always has marks (not scratches, mind) on it. And that's why I don't buy from WHSmith.
Sun 02/03/03 at 16:52
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
CDouch wrote:
> I work in Woolworths and yes realised we don't sell XBox games but
> strangelky we never have anyone ask about them. There just seems to be
> no demand. Woolworths rank PS2 as number one as it's one of their
> biggest sellers (especialy around christmas). Every night we take the
> PS2 games from the entertainment till, place them in big boxes and put
> them upstais in the store room and shut off all enterances to there.
> But we just leave the Gamecube ones out. Now that must be saying
> something.

Hey, we used to have to do that where I used to work, also Woolworths, but I left because the job was about as much fun as this forum...... we used to get loads of people ask for Xbox games. We also used to leave the GC games on the shelves behind the till at night, even when we were broken into/ramraided e.t.c. all the PS2 games went but not the GC, and one lot rammed a landrover discovery through fire doors so they had the space.....

BTW The only reason PS2 is number one at woolworths is because thats all the idiots support........

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 02/03/03 at 13:51
Regular
""to many dead hero""
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> CDouch wrote:
> Every night we take the
> PS2 games from the entertainment till, place them in big boxes and
> put
> them upstais in the store room and shut off all enterances to there.
> But we just leave the Gamecube ones out. Now that must be saying
> something.
>
> Yeah it is. It says a lot of PS2 owners are retarded enough to break
> into Woolworths.

ha good one
Sun 02/03/03 at 12:56
Regular
"^_^"
Whats all this Asda stuff. Has no one thoguht of the largest supermarket store, Tesco. My local Tesco have only just started selling Gamecube games, they have a good selection of PS2 games and zero X-Box games. They also stock around 4 PC Games.
Sun 02/03/03 at 12:46
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I suppose that in 1 years time you will be saying that only
> Halo, Halo 2, Perfect Dark Zero, Deus EX 2, Fable, Shenmue 2X, Star
> Wars Knights of the Old Republic etc are the only goo games on the
> Xbox?!

If I was going to be mean I could say that Halo would be on the PC by then (probably), Deus Ex 2 would be on the PC AND PS2, Shenmue has been on the Dreamcast for ages and KOTOR would be on the PC too.

But I won't.
Sun 02/03/03 at 12:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Nothing but PS2 ports? So what about:
>
> Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding
> Project Gotham Racing
> Dead or Alive 3
> RalliSport Challenge
> Splinter Cell
> Jet Set Radio Future
> Unreal Championship
> Championship Manager 02/03
> Mech Assault
> Buffy Vampire Slayer
> Oddworld Munch's Odysee
> Crazy Taxi 3
> Blinx Timesweeper
> Morrowind: Elder Scrolls 3
> Sega GT 2002
>
> ?

I can also add a few to that list that are out now too..

Phantom Crash
Quantum Redshift
Serious Sam
NFL Fever 2003
Gun Valkyrie

I won't even list the games that are coming out that you won't be seeing on PS2.
Sun 02/03/03 at 12:31
The only place were i see XBOX games for sale is in "GAME", there were 1 or 2 in Asda but they went and never got any more in.
The only other place i know off is a sgop called "Budget" and it sell all console games, but i cant go in there because it really does smell *he has one of them smelly candle things, YUK!!*
Sun 02/03/03 at 09:23
Regular
"DS..."
DeltaJava wrote:
> Yeah, I actually dropped a PS2 disc when I was getting it out from the
> drawer. The buyer was not pleased.

well if it was me buying a new GC game I would have refused to buy it I mean not getting at you cos it was an accident but would'nt anyone else refuse to buy that particular disc because it was dropped if you were paying full whack for a new game? or is it just me? i mean correct me if i'm wrong but is'nt it the consumers right when buying a new game to have one free from scratches? or indeed to ask for a sealed copy if they have them, thats what i do when possible in Game because if it's sealed you avoid any situations like that as it can't possibly be scratched.. i'll shut up now. :~/

slik ~_~
Sun 02/03/03 at 02:00
Regular
"I'm Great."
I've done that a few times when we kept them in draws. Worse still I've hit a cusomer when trying to get a game out of the plastic safer cases we keep them in. The bit wouldn't moved and it came out of my hand and caught the cusomer's hand. She took it quite well all things considered.
Sun 02/03/03 at 01:53
Yeah, I actually dropped a PS2 disc when I was getting it out from the drawer. The buyer was not pleased.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.