GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"xbox games not for sale"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/03/03 at 21:23
Regular
Right im asking a question that i think i allready know the answer too why is the xbox not doing as good as it sould be i think i know why but if its not tell me.

1st. xbox games are not for sale in woolworths and whsmiths any were and there not for sale in asda , sainsbury's or others and i think thats whyxbox aint doing as good as it sould be and as a owner of a xbox it makes me really mad plus i have a ps2 and it might make me get a ps2 game instead , i want to know is it just where i live or not.

2nd. People who say its no good are saying it becouse there not used to microsoft doing game consoles, but they sould give it ago becouse i can honestly say its just as good as any ps2 or gc, even better than my ps2 becouse it scratches my games and i know im not the only one . But my xbox does'nt ,i've even played on it from 9.00 am to 3.am the following morning , even my gran parents say its better and they dont like game systems, anyway i think that says something dont you, so on that note i say give the xbox ago.
Tue 11/03/03 at 16:46
Regular
"BOSE"
Woolworths where i live sell them
Mon 10/03/03 at 23:26
Regular
"Remember me?"
I hardly understood a word of the original post!!!

*makes weird noises and tries to lick own ear*
Mon 10/03/03 at 22:36
Regular
"The Dwarf's coming"
Most people say the XBox is no good because they are used to Microsoft as a PC software manufacturer which has it's own problems and so people think the XBox has the same and is all being made by some evil monster (Bill Gates) when in fact it's the best console on the market and they are just shooting themselves in the foot by not considering buying one.

Woolworths also don't sell XBox games because SONY gave them a lot of money not to.
As for Asda's they should as they are owned by Wal-Mart who are one of the biggest games sellers in the US.
Mon 03/03/03 at 13:48
Regular
"BOSE"
it's proberly just where you live mate. woolworths is one of the top retailers for all kinds of entertaintment; games, dvds, music etc. they have xbox games at my woolworths. i wouldn't know about asda though because my parents shop at sainsburys. sainsburys i'm not sure about because when i go shopping with my parents/other people i look for something to eat, i buy my entertainment in the town centre
Sun 02/03/03 at 21:58
Regular
The Tesco near me used to only sell PS2 AND GBA games before starting to sell X-box and Gamecube games about October last year. The X-box games were withdrawn after six weeks because they weren't selling, the Gamecube ones have remained though. My local Woolworths stocks games for every format. Local W H Smith stocks everything but X-box games.
Sun 02/03/03 at 15:03
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Yup, they had a really crap selection, but they were there :) Not that anyone with a brain buys them from WHsmiths unless they are on offer, especially in Nottingham where there are tons of places to buy from. In nottingham I prefer either Gamestation or Another World.

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 02/03/03 at 11:56
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> WHsmiths in Nottingham does as well, one near Broadmarsh.

The games are downstairs right?
Sun 02/03/03 at 11:25
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah the Woolworths in my high street has 2 X-Box consoles in stock and did have a massive choise of 2 copies of Matt Hoffman's - woo!
The Woolies in Basildon has plenty of stuff though. I haven't seen a WHSmiths near me that stocks X-Box stuff.

But then I don't care cause I don't buy from them anyway. :-)
Sun 02/03/03 at 10:49
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Only larger woolworths have Xbox games because they had an argument over supplies before the launch with MS, so Woolworths are being all kiddyish and not stocking it most places 'cause MS basically told them they wereb't important. Same goes for ASDA, only the larger stores stock them, and same for WHsmith. Woolies in Nottigham and Derby stock the Xbox and games, so does Asda in Derby, Long Eaton, WHsmiths in Nottingham does as well, one near Broadmarsh.

The Xbox is better than the PS2, I'm not saying it's the same as it for the sake of those in the bizarre belief that all consoles are the same. Graphically, DVD playback, sound, contoller, gameplay - all better, all that is needed are more titles and for people to actually try the machine. I never had any game on my PS2 - and I had it since launch until I sold it last October - as good as Halo, or a racing game I've played as much as GT2002, and Xbox Live! ? Brilliant.

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 01/03/03 at 21:23
Regular
""to many dead hero""
Right im asking a question that i think i allready know the answer too why is the xbox not doing as good as it sould be i think i know why but if its not tell me.

1st. xbox games are not for sale in woolworths and whsmiths any were and there not for sale in asda , sainsbury's or others and i think thats whyxbox aint doing as good as it sould be and as a owner of a xbox it makes me really mad plus i have a ps2 and it might make me get a ps2 game instead , i want to know is it just where i live or not.

2nd. People who say its no good are saying it becouse there not used to microsoft doing game consoles, but they sould give it ago becouse i can honestly say its just as good as any ps2 or gc, even better than my ps2 becouse it scratches my games and i know im not the only one . But my xbox does'nt ,i've even played on it from 9.00 am to 3.am the following morning , even my gran parents say its better and they dont like game systems, anyway i think that says something dont you, so on that note i say give the xbox ago.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.