GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Idea for a site..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/03/03 at 22:12
Regular
Right, as usual alcohol makes us all come up with some weird ideas, and this is my latest one. No stealing it now..

A web page that allows gamers to submit their views on games. www.whatgamerswant.co.uk or something like that.
People would make views on what made a game good, what made it bad and what additions would make a similar game or sequel a lot better.

Then from there make an effort to get developers to actually look at it and if at all possible get some feedback from them.

Just a site where all the views can be gathered in one place.

So what do you think? Could it work, is there similar things already there?
Views?
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:27
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Ok, have set up something very basic at the moment.
www.whatgamerswant.tk

Going to try get feedback on the idea from a few important sources and if it sounds like it could go somewhere I'll get a domain and produce a better site.

At the moment I wouldn't mind if a few of the more sensible ones on here could post a few ideas in the forum just to show the kind of thing to expect.
Cheers
Sun 02/03/03 at 21:37
"slightlyshortertagl"
Try gamesTM and/or Edge, they'll like the idea.

Ali, can you change my MSN addy on SO from my old one to my new one? :-)
Sun 02/03/03 at 21:13
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Good thinking.
Need to get the details for developers now :-(

Where to look though? I'm pretty sure most don't disclose details.
Could always e-mail some games magazines as well I suppose.
Sun 02/03/03 at 20:53
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I reckon first thing to do would be to E-mail some developers and ask if they'd accept external input from a site. If even one developer gives a positive response, then it'd be worth it because other developers may follow suit if the site becomes more popular.

Who knows, this could be the start of a gaming revolution...

:-)
Sun 02/03/03 at 20:37
Regular
"Fragg for fun"
COFFEE RULES!!!!!!!!!!
Sun 02/03/03 at 18:31
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Thats usually just a single forum for it though. This would be an entire site for it.
Has potential in my eyes if it was used by gamers and of course developers. Trouble is getting all the pieces of the puzzle to fit. I will make an effort though.
Sun 02/03/03 at 12:56
Regular
"Fragg for fun"
Yes. That would be a good idea but one thing........ You can already do that here and at www.totalgames.net
Sun 02/03/03 at 12:22
Regular
Bah, hope their site turns out pants.

Anyway if anyone is at all interested in helping out and seeing if we can get somewhere then let me know.

As they say. No harm trying....
Sun 02/03/03 at 12:18
Um, certainley not a bad idear, i wouldnt mind going to a site like that, try it mate, it might work...
You have nothing to loose!
Sun 02/03/03 at 11:14
Regular
"You've upset me"
www.whatgamerswant.com is infact already a site and is currently under development.

Someone beat ya to it methinks :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.