GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Petrol consumption per day"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/07/07 at 10:27
Regular
Click

I suppose after seeing this, some of you may want to move to Turkmenistan.
Tue 24/07/07 at 15:52
Regular
I use about £30 a week. I fill up with the premium as I do get more miles per tank.
Tue 24/07/07 at 12:07
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I always knew that the quantities of petrol used up in the States were huge, but not that they used up so much, especially compared to other nations; all I can say is, how the hell do they manage it, aside from excessive car use (As Bill Bryson once commented on?)
Tue 24/07/07 at 01:30
Regular
"A.S.P."
lol
my two wheels cost me exactly £0.00 in petrol.

Really tough on me when it's chucking it down though (or blizzards etc).

Hoping to get an MDI compressed air car when they eventually come out - I could fill up on my home electricity (compressed air technology uses less power than all electric cars) which is through a wind power company & could at least get my small business on the go (try being a mobile therapist without a car!)

In the meantime desperately trying to raise the cash to finish my driving lessons so I can join the rest of you consumers, hopefully only using a car when I absolutely have to though.
Sat 14/07/07 at 02:18
Regular
Keep forgetting you're a scouser, Geffdof. I should come see your band sometime seeing as I only live about 30 mins away ...
Sat 14/07/07 at 02:16
Regular
Geffdof wrote:
> Alaska isn't at either of the poles though.
>

I was exaggerating.. ;)

> My petrol bill isnt as big as everyone elses. I fill up about
> once a fortnight and pay £30. Recently its been more like
> every 10 days as Ive been driving a bit more.
>
> I quite often took the bus to uni depending on when my lectures
> started as parking could be an issue at certain times of the
> day.
>
> Ive just had an interview for a job which would involve a long
> commute, should I be successful, and would also include a toll
> fee for the Mersey tunnel. It would probably triple (or more) my
> petrol bill, but I'd be earning more money than I've ever had in
> my life so I'd probably get used to it.

I hope you're interview was a success!! Making more money than ever is definitely a boost in morale! :D I always thought of the longer commutes as theraputic, until hitting bumper to bumper traffic inching along on sweltering hot days.. like today.
Fri 13/07/07 at 10:21
Regular
"lets go back"
Alaska isn't at either of the poles though.

My petrol bill isnt as big as everyone elses. I fill up about once a fortnight and pay £30. Recently its been more like every 10 days as Ive been driving a bit more.

I quite often took the bus to uni depending on when my lectures started as parking could be an issue at certain times of the day.

Ive just had an interview for a job which would involve a long commute, should I be successful, and would also include a toll fee for the Mersey tunnel. It would probably triple (or more) my petrol bill, but I'd be earning more money than I've ever had in my life so I'd probably get used to it.
Fri 13/07/07 at 07:44
Regular
It appears the gas prices are going down as of late from a whopping $3.35 for Regular just about a month ago, to $2.71 just the day before yesterday, when I filled my overheating Americanische auto at the cheapest fueling station in town. I don't see the point in fueling up with those turbo-octane supreme upgrades and paying twenty cents more, when gas is gas..right? Well, it is to me anyways. What do you mean I have to get the oil changed every 3,000 miles..? The car still works!

Once, I was behind this couple paying for filling their Chevy SUV and caught a glimpse at how much their bill was.. just a little over $114!! I just shook my head, because we all know that twenty miles down the road they'll be stopping again to refill.

Most of the people around these parts drive huge gas-guzzeling rigs and I've come to realize it as some coming of stature.. or something. Like, you haven't really made it until you own a tank. It appears to just be the American way.

Perhaps the gas prices are lower in the US, but per capita, I think that culture is driving the increased consumption. I thought I heard a few years ago that Bush was surveying the nature reserves up in Alaska to consider drilling and setting-up refineries as an alternate to relying on oil from the Middle East. I haven't heard anything since the war started, but I can imagine the Green peeps and political environmentalists would have a field day if he dared to disrupt the polar caps for oil!
Fri 13/07/07 at 06:20
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I don't have a car so I can look at you all self-righteously and pass judgement on your carbon footprints whilst I puff away merrily on my cigarettes.

I do worry sometimes about the U.S.A. oil-dependancy. I watched Syriana (out on DVD, recommended) a few months back and that did a good job of demonstrating just how far U.S. oil companies and their respective government are prepared to go to keep their cars running.

I've no idea what their contingency plan is for when the oil runs out, or whether they actually have a contingency plan.

Bit like global warming really, we all know it exists, we all contribute to it, but it's like we're walking around thinking "It's OK, I won't be around when it all goes to hell so why worry about it?"

Graphs like the one in the first post really bring it home though.
Fri 13/07/07 at 04:04
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Very_Metal wrote:
> i drink a glass before bedtime.
>
> i can quit any time i like though.

You drink your local chippy cooking fat each night!?!? :|
Thu 12/07/07 at 19:31
Regular
"Twenty quid."
:^D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.