GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Starfox Adventures"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Fox Adventures'.
Sun 02/03/03 at 12:35
Regular
Before anyone moans I have only just started playing it and wondered what others who have played/got it thought of it?

Personally I feel it is somewhat underated, it aint perfect but it is a good game. The gameplay is good especially as it doesn't leave you foaming at the mouth with what to do next yet helps you along if need be. The graphics are very nice, especially the water and the surrondings. The combat system is abit repetative after a while as you just have to bash A at the right time. Otherwise I have found it a good adventure game and will keep me content until the ultimate adventure game is released, Zelda The Wind Waker!

Cheers

BIGMAN
Sun 02/03/03 at 12:35
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Before anyone moans I have only just started playing it and wondered what others who have played/got it thought of it?

Personally I feel it is somewhat underated, it aint perfect but it is a good game. The gameplay is good especially as it doesn't leave you foaming at the mouth with what to do next yet helps you along if need be. The graphics are very nice, especially the water and the surrondings. The combat system is abit repetative after a while as you just have to bash A at the right time. Otherwise I have found it a good adventure game and will keep me content until the ultimate adventure game is released, Zelda The Wind Waker!

Cheers

BIGMAN
Sun 02/03/03 at 12:39
Regular
Basically mate just throw your expectations out the window.

Yes, it isn't what we expected.
Yes, the game is incredibly formulaic with the run-of-the-mill platforming features we've come to expect from Rare 3D platformer.
Yes, the gema has nowhere near the longevity we hoped for.
Yes, it isn't a Zelda-beater.

But just enjoy it for what it is - I found it quite relaxing to play in the sense that it doesn't really place many demands on you - you can play a few hours and not really get stuck att all. Just admire the graphics have fun with it - it'll still be a good stop-gap till Zelda.
Sun 02/03/03 at 12:51
Regular
"thursdayton!"
BIGMAN wrote:
> Personally I feel it is somewhat underated, it aint perfect but it is
> a good game.
Waaay over rated in CUBE though.

> The gameplay is good especially as it doesn't leave you
> foaming at the mouth with what to do next yet
I like that though in a game.

> The graphics are very nice, especially the water and the
> surrondings.
The graphics are lovely. Can't argue with that. The mounds of grass moving in the wind are just beautiful.

> The combat system is abit repetative after a while as you
> just have to bash A at the right time.
Yep, thats another reason why its a dull and repetitve game. You can use your beam's firing weapon thing, but you may not have that yet.

And it would never have been better than or even equal to Zelda.
Sun 02/03/03 at 12:53
Regular
I think most of you already know what I think of this game.
Sun 02/03/03 at 20:52
Regular
This is game is good, but not great, it's too simplistic. Rare could and should have done better. It's long, great graphics, nice ideas, but basically you find yourself running somewhere, press A a few times, solve some frustrating puzzles. Not great,but I'd give it about 7-8/10. Only buy it if you can spare the money.
Sun 02/03/03 at 21:13
Regular
At first it's fantastic and you'll love it, but the more you play it, the more you gradually lose the will to live.
Sun 02/03/03 at 21:31
Regular
It's not amazing, but it's still a decent game worth owning. 7.8/10.
Mon 03/03/03 at 09:17
Regular
"aliens exist"
i think its a good game, and it doesnt deserve all the stick it got,.
Mon 03/03/03 at 12:24
"Uzi Lover"
In my opinion it could of been alot better but still was pretty good if not incredibly easy. But I enjoyed it being like that, I usually hate things which are too har don other games like this and usually turn off and put it a more fun and relaxing game.
Mon 03/03/03 at 13:42
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
I fancy getting this, but I dont know - i'll be getting Zelda when it comes out in the states, which will probably blow SA out of the proverbial water.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.