GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Starfox Adventures"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Fox Adventures'.
Sun 02/03/03 at 12:35
Regular
Before anyone moans I have only just started playing it and wondered what others who have played/got it thought of it?

Personally I feel it is somewhat underated, it aint perfect but it is a good game. The gameplay is good especially as it doesn't leave you foaming at the mouth with what to do next yet helps you along if need be. The graphics are very nice, especially the water and the surrondings. The combat system is abit repetative after a while as you just have to bash A at the right time. Otherwise I have found it a good adventure game and will keep me content until the ultimate adventure game is released, Zelda The Wind Waker!

Cheers

BIGMAN
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:19
Regular
Nowhere SFA was boring, short and non-linear (yawn) boring
Mon 03/03/03 at 18:53
Regular
SFA dissapointed me no end. I was led to believe there would be tons of exploring to do, but no. Instead you have to go from A to B, where is the freedom in that?
Mon 03/03/03 at 13:51
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
plasticcoated wrote:
> I fancy getting this, but I dont know - i'll be getting Zelda when it
> comes out in the states, which will probably blow SA out of the
> proverbial water.

I suggest you rent it first, I brought it and it is goodish but it left me feeling a little let down.
Gameplay is much to symplistic, it looks wonderfull but when you start it I found I wasn't eagerly filling evey spare second of time I had trying to complete it for the first time like I did with OOT on the 64.
I think if you brought it you would forget it pretty sharpish when Wind Waker comes out.
Mon 03/03/03 at 13:42
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
I fancy getting this, but I dont know - i'll be getting Zelda when it comes out in the states, which will probably blow SA out of the proverbial water.
Mon 03/03/03 at 12:24
"Uzi Lover"
In my opinion it could of been alot better but still was pretty good if not incredibly easy. But I enjoyed it being like that, I usually hate things which are too har don other games like this and usually turn off and put it a more fun and relaxing game.
Mon 03/03/03 at 09:17
Regular
"aliens exist"
i think its a good game, and it doesnt deserve all the stick it got,.
Sun 02/03/03 at 21:31
Regular
It's not amazing, but it's still a decent game worth owning. 7.8/10.
Sun 02/03/03 at 21:13
Regular
At first it's fantastic and you'll love it, but the more you play it, the more you gradually lose the will to live.
Sun 02/03/03 at 20:52
Regular
This is game is good, but not great, it's too simplistic. Rare could and should have done better. It's long, great graphics, nice ideas, but basically you find yourself running somewhere, press A a few times, solve some frustrating puzzles. Not great,but I'd give it about 7-8/10. Only buy it if you can spare the money.
Sun 02/03/03 at 12:53
Regular
I think most of you already know what I think of this game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.