GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Medal of Honor : Rising Sun"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Medal of Honour Rising Sun'.
Sun 02/03/03 at 13:50
Regular
I know Frontline didn't go down particuarly well, what with it being a PS2 port and all that. But I enjoyed it enjoyed it and having recently completed it, am glad ot hear that the next game is planned for release later this year.

Hopefully it won't be a shoddy port and as it's being made with Consoles in mind should be a bit more technically sound.

This is taken from IGN.com

Due on PS2, Xbox and GameCube in fall 2003, the fourth console of the series takes place in the Pacific Theater of Operations in the battle against the Japanese. (For PC buffs who loved MOH: Allied Assault, the new version will be announced Monday.)

EALA has created a two-chapter game following the stories of brothers Donny and Joe Griffin. First stepping into the boots of Joe Griffin, players fight side-by-side with brother Donny until they're separated in a dogfight in the early stages of the war. In the second "edition" of the game, due on the same consoles in fall 2004, players then delve into the war by playing Donny Griffin.

Yay shooty Nazi action except this time it's gonna be shooty Japanease man action.
Sat 08/03/03 at 18:34
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> They've always released a new MOH game each year.
>
> I actually really want Frontline and I know where to get it for
> £25 as well.

Where Where Where me wants it me wants it (It burns us) (smeagle) (golom)
Mon 03/03/03 at 22:05
Regular
But the beach landing was so tightly scripted and..kind of dull after the first time.

It was just a matter of run forwards, stop behind some debris, and you couldn't be shot behind it. Then just run forwards, stop behind some debris...

Then the later levels were appauling and the 'stealth' was horrendously implemented.
Mon 03/03/03 at 22:02
The start of thr third mission in Allied Assault was fantastic, dramatic. It was the first game I had played in surround sound, you see, and what a debut - Omaha Beach in glorious 5.1 output - with bullets screaming everywhere. I partly agree with WS tnough, because it was extremely linear (yet enjoyable).
Mon 03/03/03 at 21:50
Regular
One mans cheese is another mans ummmmmmmmm.....cheddar?

I don't even like cheese so ignore what I just said.
Mon 03/03/03 at 21:48
Regular
MOH:AA was crap.
Mon 03/03/03 at 21:45
Regular
If it's anything like Allied Assault or Frontline then yes they can.
Mon 03/03/03 at 21:37
Regular
Can they confirm a decent FPS game?

oh..
Mon 03/03/03 at 21:34
Regular
Woooohoooo

EA confirmed today that the game's gonna have a 2 player co-op mode.
Mon 03/03/03 at 18:41
Regular
I hope EA decide to use a new graphics engine. Visuals have improved since Frontline just look at Nightfire. I think it's great that we finally get a break from shooting those annoying Nazi's. This should be good I am also looking forward to the Vietnam game which is in development and the World War 2 aircraft game.
Sun 02/03/03 at 18:36
Regular
If you like 1st person shooters and can put up with a bit of a dodgy hit or miss aiming, then yes indeedy i'd recommend it.

It'll last you long time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.