GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube in the UK"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/03/03 at 15:36
Regular
Alot of people don't actually care about the console wars, but I was jst wondering why you lot think that 'cube is doing so badly in the UK. It jst lost the No2 spot to X-Box in japan, thnx to that volleyball game with the girls from dead or alive (I forget the name).
Sun 02/03/03 at 21:52
Regular
So people are still talking about something that happened almost a month ago in Japan. DOA:Extreme Beach Volleyball did well in japan reaching number 2 in charts, before dropping out of the top ten the next week. Similarly the next week X-box sales were significantly behind Gamecube sales and have been since. This can be expected but X-box needs a game like DOA:EBV every few weeks if it is ever to stay ahead of the competition in Japan.
Sun 02/03/03 at 18:02
Regular
<=îl?é® BüLLé† wrote:
> And whose fault is that?

You're expecting Nintendo to release a game week after week? They're not EA, you know!
Sun 02/03/03 at 17:56
"Tagline"
Maverick42 wrote:
> X-Box beat GameCube by a couple of hundred for one week - who cares?
> Nintendo didn't release any games that week,

And whose fault is that?
Sun 02/03/03 at 17:52
Regular
X-Box beat GameCube by a couple of hundred for one week - who cares? Nintendo didn't release any games that week, nor were there any special offers - it was Tecmo's DOAXBV that did it.

Just remember that the GCN beats the X-Box by about 10,000 every normal week in Japan, the fact that it was about 60,000 up at Christmas, and when Zelda was released, about 150,000 up. Not bad, eh?
Sun 02/03/03 at 15:39
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Dead or alive beach vollyball, different consols do differently in different countrys because of the different games they release. (how many times can a say different in 1 post)
Sun 02/03/03 at 15:38
Regular
It lost the Japan spot to the XBox for one week, and it was only by a couple of thousand.

Considering the Gamecube beats the XBox in Japan by several thousand every other week, not to mention the 50,000 gap between them over the christmas period means it's hardly anything to worry about.
Sun 02/03/03 at 15:36
Regular
Alot of people don't actually care about the console wars, but I was jst wondering why you lot think that 'cube is doing so badly in the UK. It jst lost the No2 spot to X-Box in japan, thnx to that volleyball game with the girls from dead or alive (I forget the name).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.