GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pc gamer mag"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/03/03 at 18:49
Regular
well, just this moment i was flicking through my official xbox mag when i saw the advert for the pc gamer mag. well, i thought, rayman 3 as one of the playable demos?

does any one own this issue as i want to know how rayman 3 plays.
Sun 06/04/03 at 12:51
Regular
"A man with a stick"
PCG have always had the better demo discs as well, PCZone always seem to have a shorter number of demo and downloads and thay always seemed to be released after PCG does. Speaking of which, I think it's time to renew my subscription, I love those DVD editions of the mag.
Sun 06/04/03 at 11:54
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
I thing PCG is a dam site better than most other mag's. They make fair, well judged decisions, but remember, humans write it. Were not all the same, just 'cause you think its a great game doesn't make it so. It may have faults you didn't see for being blinded by the graphics, Sound ect... This will show in the ratings. Feel free to read other mags, thats why there's a market, but don't attack PCG because you don't agree with a review, it's just petty.
Sun 06/04/03 at 09:40
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
PlaTinuM wrote:
> PCG give really mean scores to good games (low 80s for Unreal2

They explained why the score was as low as it was though. Although the graphics were nice, graphics alone don't make for a good game.
Mon 31/03/03 at 13:10
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Meh to PCZone I say, they reviewed Vietcong and gave it 85% and criticized it in certain ways. Why is this a problem? well they reviewed the game before it went gold, so they based their review on an unfinished version of the game.
Sun 30/03/03 at 21:19
Regular
I prefer PCZone to PCGamer.

PCG give really mean scores to good games (low 80s for Unreal2), and I think PCZ has a better layout.

Although its a pity they added a quid to the price tag.
Wed 12/03/03 at 20:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
PCGamer is annoying. I dislike them all. For no reason.

PC Zone beat them.

They have cool symbols.

And they liked MC2.

:D
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:36
Regular
"A man with a stick"
PCXone is OK, they do seem to get some games reviewed before PCG, but I much prefer PCGamer, in fact I much prefer PCG over the PS2 mags I get as well, which aren't as well written.
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Despondent"
PCZone for life.
Mon 10/03/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Little Hobbo wrote:
> I'm a PC Gamer subscriber, but I can't tell you what Rayman is like as
> I wouldn't dream of installing the demo.

What he said.
Word for word actually.
Wed 05/03/03 at 13:48
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Don't dismiss it hobbo, it's actually quite fun. I played a demo of the PS2 version and it was alright, not a game I'd by though, but what it does it does well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.