GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The console family... (an infinte post)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/03/03 at 09:36
Regular
Inspired by B.E.A.R.D.S. and his suggestion of the comparison between Forum spats and gang wars in L.A. My topic concentrates more on the Mafia, though. You never leave the Mafia.

The Mafia, an organization romantacised by the media through film and videogames, the reality is oh-so different. When your in the Mafia, your part of the family, but it isn't your typical family. Does your father kill people for a living (unless he's a soldier, insurance fraudster or doctor, I don't think so). It's all about family, and fighting for it.

Videogames are much the same but without under-hand tactics (though now microsoft have entered the ring, I'm expecting the assasination of Miyamoto very soon). When you pick a side you stay with it (even the casual defends the Playstation brand). Fights often erupt at schools up and down the country between a Ninty hardcore and a flock PS wannabes.

Now, you write a short paragraph and add it in a post. At the end I'll put them all together and we'll see what we get.
Mon 03/03/03 at 09:36
Regular
"Despondent"
Inspired by B.E.A.R.D.S. and his suggestion of the comparison between Forum spats and gang wars in L.A. My topic concentrates more on the Mafia, though. You never leave the Mafia.

The Mafia, an organization romantacised by the media through film and videogames, the reality is oh-so different. When your in the Mafia, your part of the family, but it isn't your typical family. Does your father kill people for a living (unless he's a soldier, insurance fraudster or doctor, I don't think so). It's all about family, and fighting for it.

Videogames are much the same but without under-hand tactics (though now microsoft have entered the ring, I'm expecting the assasination of Miyamoto very soon). When you pick a side you stay with it (even the casual defends the Playstation brand). Fights often erupt at schools up and down the country between a Ninty hardcore and a flock PS wannabes.

Now, you write a short paragraph and add it in a post. At the end I'll put them all together and we'll see what we get.
Mon 03/03/03 at 09:50
Regular
"I'm Great."
The only difference with a console is that you can change if you want. You still have to pay a price, e.g, you trade your old one in then buy a different console but have to pay more as when you trade them you get next to nothing back on them. I suppose that could be seen as like being in the mafia. If you changed sides for what ever reason, maybe your Dad said you couldn't kill the local butcher as he still had one more day to pay his protection money, but the triads didn't mind,then you'd still have to pay in the form of having your "ex-family" hot on your trail.

But you could still go back to your original console if you wanted, not to sure about the mafia though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.