GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Darwin Awards"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/12/01 at 22:06
Regular
To win, nominees must significantly improve the gene pool by eliminating themselves from the human race in an astonishingly stupid way.

(This is a book I got for Xmas, by the way)

Here's a choice exert:

A man tried to commit a robbery in Renton, Washington. It was probably his first attempt at armed robbery, as suggested by the following:

1) The target was H&J Leather and firearms. A gun shop.
2) The shop was full of customers - in a US state where many adults are licenced to carry concealed handguns in public
3) To enter the shop, he had to step around a police patrol car parked at the front door.
4) An officer in uniform was standing next to the counter in the shop.

Upon entering the shop, the criminal discharged several round into the air. The clerk and officer promptly returned fire, thereby removing the criminal form the geen pool.
Mon 31/12/01 at 22:06
Regular
"smile, it's free"
To win, nominees must significantly improve the gene pool by eliminating themselves from the human race in an astonishingly stupid way.

(This is a book I got for Xmas, by the way)

Here's a choice exert:

A man tried to commit a robbery in Renton, Washington. It was probably his first attempt at armed robbery, as suggested by the following:

1) The target was H&J Leather and firearms. A gun shop.
2) The shop was full of customers - in a US state where many adults are licenced to carry concealed handguns in public
3) To enter the shop, he had to step around a police patrol car parked at the front door.
4) An officer in uniform was standing next to the counter in the shop.

Upon entering the shop, the criminal discharged several round into the air. The clerk and officer promptly returned fire, thereby removing the criminal form the geen pool.
Mon 31/12/01 at 22:15
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
VenomByte wrote:
> To win, nominees must significantly improve the gene pool by eliminating
> themselves from the human race in an astonishingly stupid way.

(This is a
> book I got for Xmas, by the way)

Here's a choice exert:

A man tried to
> commit a robbery in Renton, Washington. It was probably his first attempt at
> armed robbery, as suggested by the following:

1) The target was H&J
> Leather and firearms. A gun shop.
2) The shop was full of customers - in a US
> state where many adults are licenced to carry concealed handguns in public
3)
> To enter the shop, he had to step around a police patrol car parked at the front
> door.
4) An officer in uniform was standing next to the counter in the
> shop.

Upon entering the shop, the criminal discharged several round into the
> air. The clerk and officer promptly returned fire, thereby removing the criminal
> form the geen pool.

I got that book too, for christmas. They have a website, I think it is www.darwinawards.com, or something like that.

Some of the stories really make you cringe, others I just laughed out loud ! ! ! ! ! !
Mon 31/12/01 at 22:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I've heard of this, although I haven't got the book. I read about one guy who got on a plane in some undeveloped country (where customs are a bit slack) with loads of guns and knives. He put everyone at gun and knife point, took all the valuables everyone had. He went to the exit of the plane, opened the door, took out a grenade, pulled the pin, threw the pin into the plane, and jumped out holding the explosive part.
But it doesn't end there. He was counting on his home made parachute to save him, and you can probably guess it didn't. He was actually found dead in a hole that he had made by hitting the ground so hard. Idiot.
Mon 31/12/01 at 22:23
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Here's one which wasn't in the book. It's not fatal, but it will make you cringe like you've never cringed before.

A guy dislocated his hip playing rugby. The physio decided the best thing to do was pop it back in, which he did. Unfortunately, one of the guy's testicles was caught between the leg and hip joint, and as the leg was pushed back into place, it promptly exploded under the pressure. Apparently, the pain was so intense, and the guy was screaming so hard that he actually tore his larynx, shortly before he passed out form the pain.
Mon 31/12/01 at 22:26
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Jesus.....glad I don't play rugby. A teacher I once had told us that when he was at school a boy just dropped dead. It turned out that the reason he died was because he got hit full pelt in the balls when he was playing football. I don't think I'll leave the house without wearing a cup in future...
Mon 31/12/01 at 22:45
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
Blank wrote:
> Jesus.....glad I don't play rugby. A teacher I once had told us that when he was
> at school a boy just dropped dead. It turned out that the reason he died was
> because he got hit full pelt in the balls when he was playing football. I don't
> think I'll leave the house without wearing a cup in future...

OWWWW!
Mon 31/12/01 at 23:15
Regular
VenomByte wrote:
A guy dislocated his hip playing rugby.
> The physio decided the best thing to do was pop it back in, which he did.
> Unfortunately, one of the guy's testicles was caught between the leg and hip
> joint, and as the leg was pushed back into place, it promptly exploded under the
> pressure. Apparently, the pain was so intense, and the guy was screaming so hard
> that he actually tore his larynx, shortly before he passed out form the pain.

Fecking hell, ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.