GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Online or Offline"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/03/03 at 18:06
Regular
Well will we all be sucked into the the place where online gaming is king? Will we all be struggling to pay the fee's of the net? Who cares? Consoles are the main reason a game exists and online gaming is simply a god damn bonus. The world is eveolving...yes but why does everyone seem to believe that being online is such a pivotal factor of gaming. People seem to think that gaming revolves around it. Im just tired of people winging about how magnificent and wonderfull online gaming is and has become. Sure the online capablitie is great and old but only to a certain extent Im sure you shall agree. Some games have benefited from features which an online feature attracts. Some games however are distracting and involve more around the fact that you can play your dad in the next room or your sisters step dad in America.

Some games don't rely on this. Some games just simply blend the feature and incorparate this into their game making it more fun to play. A game I cherish is Warcraft III which has online capabilities yet it has much more to offer via the main storyline. As you may notice I am not totally opposed toward people bragging about online status. It can be fun for a while which isn't long enough for me. Some games are worthwhile while others are simply taking advantages and people who love online games should be stamped with one word 'Mugs'. Having paid around £30 or £40 which is enough for a game. Noone wants to thrash out more money to keep the game alive via the internet. Unless your loaded which Microsoft expects from too many people. For crying out loud can't you give people the freedom online. We do have to pay for our service providers too you know. Is gaming becoming something which devours our money day by day or is it becoming a world where online gaming is beggining to begin it's peak. I have always been a big fan of games and always will be. Playing Sonic as a nipper and nothing else. The game provided entertaiment day in and day out. So why change anything apart from graphics of course. I do consider Microsoft the Saddam Hussain of gaming but maybe Hitler in some ways too. Microsoft aren't the only ones who need some substance syringed into their thick skulls.

Im just simply voicing my opinion in a matter which needs to be addressed in a civilised manner I think. Anyway does online gaming really have much to offer. Are consoles gonna become extinct. Have your say now!
Mon 03/03/03 at 18:40
Regular
"Mudda owns BEARDS :"
It rocks. Don't bash it til you've played Spearhead online :D
Mon 03/03/03 at 18:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Online gaming is somewhat rubbish.
Although I am still to sample the delights of XboxLive.
And I did enjoy PSo on the DC.
That is all though.
Mon 03/03/03 at 18:06
Regular
Well will we all be sucked into the the place where online gaming is king? Will we all be struggling to pay the fee's of the net? Who cares? Consoles are the main reason a game exists and online gaming is simply a god damn bonus. The world is eveolving...yes but why does everyone seem to believe that being online is such a pivotal factor of gaming. People seem to think that gaming revolves around it. Im just tired of people winging about how magnificent and wonderfull online gaming is and has become. Sure the online capablitie is great and old but only to a certain extent Im sure you shall agree. Some games have benefited from features which an online feature attracts. Some games however are distracting and involve more around the fact that you can play your dad in the next room or your sisters step dad in America.

Some games don't rely on this. Some games just simply blend the feature and incorparate this into their game making it more fun to play. A game I cherish is Warcraft III which has online capabilities yet it has much more to offer via the main storyline. As you may notice I am not totally opposed toward people bragging about online status. It can be fun for a while which isn't long enough for me. Some games are worthwhile while others are simply taking advantages and people who love online games should be stamped with one word 'Mugs'. Having paid around £30 or £40 which is enough for a game. Noone wants to thrash out more money to keep the game alive via the internet. Unless your loaded which Microsoft expects from too many people. For crying out loud can't you give people the freedom online. We do have to pay for our service providers too you know. Is gaming becoming something which devours our money day by day or is it becoming a world where online gaming is beggining to begin it's peak. I have always been a big fan of games and always will be. Playing Sonic as a nipper and nothing else. The game provided entertaiment day in and day out. So why change anything apart from graphics of course. I do consider Microsoft the Saddam Hussain of gaming but maybe Hitler in some ways too. Microsoft aren't the only ones who need some substance syringed into their thick skulls.

Im just simply voicing my opinion in a matter which needs to be addressed in a civilised manner I think. Anyway does online gaming really have much to offer. Are consoles gonna become extinct. Have your say now!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.