GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS on Gamecube: Confirmed!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/03/03 at 18:20
Regular
Taken from Gamesradar.com

" Metal Gear Solid coming to Gamecube

Shigeru Miyamoto reveals that he's working on an unnamed MGS title. But what is it?

It's an old chestnut of a rumour that Metal Gear Solid, in some form, will appear on Gamecube. However, the rumour has come to fruition with Shigeru Miyamoto himself making a statement to the Italian gaming press to that effect.

Miyamoto is in Europe on a Zelda promotion tour and has already revealed titbits of info on Nintendo games - such as a new game in the works that uses the same game engine as Wind Waker, with ideas that had to be cut from that game making it into this new unnamed project (we think it has to be a Zelda game, although Miyamoto wouldn't confirm this). So it's in keeping with his tour to drop these little bombshells here and there.

Nintendo and Metal Gear are no strangers, with the first two games in the series appearing some years ago on NES and a MGS title appearing on Game Boy Color.

We spoke to Nintendo and they confirmed that Miyamoto is indeed working with Konami on a MGS title but wouldn't reveal any more than that. So we're still in the dark about whether the game will be a port or a brand spanking new title. However, for some time now the rumour mill would have us believe that a Gamecube remake of the original NES is on the cards.

Whatever the case, MGS on Cube is great news and we'll keep you in the know about any further developments."

Lets just hope it's not a port, but ever way, it'll be grand- oooh ahh
Wed 05/03/03 at 23:48
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
<=îl?é® BüLLé† wrote:
> Are you lot talking about a sequel to the Metal Gear series? Does
> anyone know if it's exclusive to camecube?

Its not exclusive to camecube, but as far as i know it is exclusive for Gamecube! Man I love Metal Gear, one of the 4 reasons i play my brothers PS2...
Mon 03/03/03 at 23:07
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Old news my friend.

Miyamoto would only work on a GC-exclusive title.
Mon 03/03/03 at 21:23
Regular
If Miyamoto is making it or help making it then I guess it'll be exclusive like FF crystal chronicals... Starfox Amarda, F Zero GC, Zelda GBA...

Hmmm looks like Nintendo are working with all the top japanese developers...

The way forward for Ninty I tell you.
Mon 03/03/03 at 20:28
"Tagline"
Are you lot talking about a sequel to the Metal Gear series? Does anyone know if it's exclusive to camecube?
Mon 03/03/03 at 20:12
Regular
Yeah but did you read the Miyamoto interview where he admits that he wasn't supposed to mention the Metal Gear game. He also adds that Nintendo were approached by the metal gear creator a couple of years ago about bringing the series to Gamecube.
Mon 03/03/03 at 18:54
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
yeah dude, thats like, so last week!
Mon 03/03/03 at 18:26
Regular
This was posted like, a week ago.
Mon 03/03/03 at 18:20
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
Taken from Gamesradar.com

" Metal Gear Solid coming to Gamecube

Shigeru Miyamoto reveals that he's working on an unnamed MGS title. But what is it?

It's an old chestnut of a rumour that Metal Gear Solid, in some form, will appear on Gamecube. However, the rumour has come to fruition with Shigeru Miyamoto himself making a statement to the Italian gaming press to that effect.

Miyamoto is in Europe on a Zelda promotion tour and has already revealed titbits of info on Nintendo games - such as a new game in the works that uses the same game engine as Wind Waker, with ideas that had to be cut from that game making it into this new unnamed project (we think it has to be a Zelda game, although Miyamoto wouldn't confirm this). So it's in keeping with his tour to drop these little bombshells here and there.

Nintendo and Metal Gear are no strangers, with the first two games in the series appearing some years ago on NES and a MGS title appearing on Game Boy Color.

We spoke to Nintendo and they confirmed that Miyamoto is indeed working with Konami on a MGS title but wouldn't reveal any more than that. So we're still in the dark about whether the game will be a port or a brand spanking new title. However, for some time now the rumour mill would have us believe that a Gamecube remake of the original NES is on the cards.

Whatever the case, MGS on Cube is great news and we'll keep you in the know about any further developments."

Lets just hope it's not a port, but ever way, it'll be grand- oooh ahh

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.