GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"* )driver 2?( *"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/12/01 at 11:25
Regular
i was playing driver 2 yesterday when something strange happened.

first of all i went on take a ride in chicago.
i went north and over the brige which splits apart.
i drove a little and then got out my car.
i noticed only one road had cars on, and all the others had shadows which moved on the surface of the road.
when i tried to follow one shadow, 4 wheels fell from the sky and bounced back into the air and the main part of the car floated up from the floor up into the sky.
then i noticed that when cars went down one road they just disapeared all together.
so i got into my old car and went down this road.
my car began to sink into the road until all i could see was my car twisting in the air.
then it said you wrecked you car or something like that.

can anyone tell me why or how it did this.

thanx
TT
Mon 31/12/01 at 11:25
Regular
"always swirling"
i was playing driver 2 yesterday when something strange happened.

first of all i went on take a ride in chicago.
i went north and over the brige which splits apart.
i drove a little and then got out my car.
i noticed only one road had cars on, and all the others had shadows which moved on the surface of the road.
when i tried to follow one shadow, 4 wheels fell from the sky and bounced back into the air and the main part of the car floated up from the floor up into the sky.
then i noticed that when cars went down one road they just disapeared all together.
so i got into my old car and went down this road.
my car began to sink into the road until all i could see was my car twisting in the air.
then it said you wrecked you car or something like that.

can anyone tell me why or how it did this.

thanx
TT
Mon 31/12/01 at 12:07
Personally i aint got a clue what happened. But this is just an idea, I think your console is haunted and it does things like this when you are half way through a game. Wot do you think?
Mon 31/12/01 at 13:21
Regular
I think driver 2 had loads of little errors like that. Too big of a game for the PSone. Loads of pop-up in the game with plenty of slowdown. The console just cant handle it. HOpefully driver 3 wont suffer same problems on PS2.
Mon 31/12/01 at 21:29
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
when driver 2 first came out it was a brillent game but now my eyes have adjusted to ps2 games and driver 2 just looks like very bad graphics.
Mon 31/12/01 at 21:32
Regular
sherman wrote:
> when driver 2 first came out it was a brillent game but now my eyes have
> adjusted to ps2 games and driver 2 just looks like very bad graphics.

we ahve been playing Grand Theft Auto III to much
Mé†ál Gé᮲ºº²
Mon 31/12/01 at 22:00
Regular
"always swirling"
sherman wrote:
> when driver 2 first came out it was a brillent game but now my eyes have
> adjusted to ps2 games and driver 2 just looks like very bad graphics.

yes but i don't like it for the graphics, it's purly a gameplay thing.
Tue 01/01/02 at 11:54
Regular
"always swirling"
last night about 2 am something pretty good looking happened.
(first of all i've been playing it since 11pm so my psx is quite hot)

i'm driving down a motorway in chicago being chased by 3 police cars.
i come to a pile of cream coloured dirt in the middle of the lanes, making me take fight.
then the screen froze while i was in mid air.
i tried to press all the buttons but nothing worked.
as i was hitting the L and R buttons the animation came back but in a flashy kind of on and off way.

so i am im mid air, being chased by cop cars and in slow motion the camera swings around in everything but quickly causeing a matrix style graphic kind of movie clip.

and as soon as i hit the ground the animation came back to normal.

it looked amazing to say the least.
Wed 02/01/02 at 02:56
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
ah the good old graphics glitch.

i like the glitch i got in GTA 1 on the pc.

i was in a bit of bother with the law :) and there were 3 cops after me then i managed to lose them and when i got out a cop car came along and it was on fire and the cop got out and died.

another good one was in GTA3 when i was playing the other day a car was on fire and as i was driving past it blow up and i went flying into the air :)

also on GTA3 again not long after i got it i managed to get about 5stars on the wanted metre and there were loads of cops about and i got hit hard by 2 cop cars and my little sports type care went flying about 10metre's in the air and i did a 1024 degree's flip and a distance of 58 metres LOL i know this cause it gave me an insane stunt bonus :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.