GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Regular help for GAD choices please....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/03/03 at 11:02
Regular
Just won a couple of GADS for the first time.
I need help from respected regulars on what I should claim.

I'm thinking about

Tomb Raider AOD or Mortal Kombat or Splinter Cell

AND

NBA Live2003 or Madden2003

thanks for any help.

c58
Wed 05/03/03 at 10:01
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Virtua Tennis 2 is much better than Smashcourt. It's a lot more enjoyable and realistic.
Wed 05/03/03 at 09:13
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
Thanks guys...

I'm guessing you've got an xbox afrojoe?! The ps2 splinter cell demo was a bit dodgy. How big/long is splinter cell?

Is Virtua Tennis better than the recent Smash Court?

How can I live without Lara?

c58
Tue 04/03/03 at 22:02
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I wouldn't get Tomb Raider, and I wouldn't get Mortal Kombat, so if I was you, I'd get Splinter Cell (it wouldn't be my personal choice, but out of those three, I'd get that).

And go with Madden 2003. Brilliant.
Tue 04/03/03 at 21:51
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Oh, and if you like tennis, shove Virtua Tennis 2 in there.
Tue 04/03/03 at 21:50
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Great PS2 games I own are:

The Getaway
Onimusha 2
Tony Hawks 4
Burnout 2
GTA3/Vice City
WWE Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Pro Evolution Soccer 2
Hitman 2
NBA Street (SR dont have it in stock anymore)
007 James Bond: Nightfire

I'm awaiting NBA Street 2 and Rocky from SR, but other games I would recommend would be Tenchu 3, The Sims, Ratchet & Clank, Dead to Rights, DMC2 and Pro Evo 3 when it arrives.

That's all the help I can come up with at the mo. Hope it did help.
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:31
Regular
"Notable"
If i ever win GAD again. Then i'll might get Splinter cell or Tenchu or The medal of honour which is set in the far east, it looks great.
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:30
Regular
"  "
Oh, may I add, NHL 2003 is a great game aswell. Great gameplay and the presentation, both sound and visiuals, are outstanding. It also has loads of cards to unlock like Madden, and american sports games always seem to have long confusing season modes to keep you hooked for a while. :)

And there's NBA Street 2 soon. Good game twas the original. :)
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:26
Regular
"  "
No probs. I really liked the Ghost Recon demo. Good game, although the maps a bit of a spoiler. Unless you can turn it off. My mates assure me you can only see people on the map once you've seen them in the game. But that can't be right as I remember looking at my map all the time and seeing people miles ahead on it. Also, how does the game know you've seen the enemy? You could have been looking out the window! :D
Tue 04/03/03 at 18:55
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
Thanks all for your help.
& Nath for the biggup.

Basically, I'm looking for a longer adventure/action type game and a sports title.

I already have GTA VC & PES2 and have had a major part of the PS2 back catologue at one time or another.

My thinking for the sports game is that I love PES2 (greatest game ever made) and I never get tired of it and I think thats fairly true for most sports games. I've been hooked on the demo of NBALive2003 on last months OPS2M but have been advised on this forum that NBA street is better or that I should get Madden. I used to have Madden on the old megadrive and it was great so I'm unsure.....basketball is cool but I don't know how deep 'Live' is, and Madden looks really polished but not sure if it will have that X factor.

For the other one I'm pretty much set on Tomb Raider, cos I like the old PS ones a bit. I've also considered mortal Kombat but I'm worried that It'll have relatively little replay value....(Like most beat em ups! - Got bored of DOA2 in a week!). I played the demo of Splinter Cell and it looks great but the control was a bit too clunky. Not sure if this will be ironed out for the full release?!
Primal looked really good too....but again the control was pants and the combat was near impossible.....

Anyone think Ghost Recon will be any good? The demo was pretty fine.

Are there any other games I've overlooked? Sports or otherwise...

Very grateful for any help. These will probably be the only games I get this year (except new PES!) so I want to make a good choice that will last me!

;]

consumer58
Tue 04/03/03 at 18:25
Regular
"¬_¬"
Wait a while, and pick something worthwhile. There's nothing more annoying than being hasty in picking a crap game, then when a good one comes along you have to shell out for it.

Get Ape Escape 2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.