GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cheaters Prosper"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/03/03 at 19:17
Regular
I've been playing Unreal Championship to death, but recently I've found myself loathing it. Initially I loved it: violence, gore, speed, my girlfriend sulking - all signs of a great games. Unfortunately, my standing within UC had peaked. I was not able to come first in most games however hard I tried. All the players outscoring me were using a lightning gun. A quick bit of investigatimg on the Xbox and Unreal forums and I discovered why.

The Microsoft game servers all have auto-aim switched on, allowingthe most incompetent of players to get a headshot by aiming anywhere in the vicinity of their opponent's body. Players who are bad but want to rack up a high score set their weapon affinity to Lightning Gun and are just picking off players. The game is completely unbalanced, and before long no one will use other weapons.

Also, a cheat on Grim Smote (CTF) allows players to float up and fire the ION cannon ith infinite ammo. Normally this weapon kills with one hit. It's amazingly powerful, but is tempered by the fact that it is rare. But players are using cheats. It's making the Grim Smote level pointless.

A few people have raised the issue with Digital Extremes. Many people would like to see a download to fix the game, but I don't know if this is possible or if Digital Extremes has considered it. Without a fix , UC is fatally flawed, completely lacking in enfoymet, and wouldn't be deserving of a rating higher than 5/10 for playability.
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:13
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Thought I'd seen this somewhere. ;-))
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:05
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Whilst the review is peppered with mistakes, I'd suspect someone who can't spell obfuscate doesn't know how to use the word, theres no way of knowing if it came from another magazine, still I never do review so I don't care :D
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:01
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Yohoo!

Check the XBox reviews...

Has he cheated there?
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:00
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Of course you have, of course *pats Happy Kid on the head*

If you had sent it in to them then they chose the header "Cheaters Prosper", and you, miraculously, chose the same title ! Wow, what a coincidence.....
I suppose you haven't noticed the gift vouchers they've sent you either.... :P
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:57
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Do a check on his winning review...

http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/ [XBOXSMELLS] reviews/customer.php?code=JL1177#Happy%20Kid

That isn't copied too is it?
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:54
Regular
"I'm sooooo happy"
Ok one thing, My name is Brandon Daly, I have had this saved on my computer for about 4 weeks now, and I haven't actually got the issue 14 of Official Xbox Magazine.
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:43
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Okay, so you want to do a post not copied out of an Xbox magazine ? Because this was, word for word, in Official Xbox Magazine issue 14 (one with Indy on the cover) on page 38.

Just because they gave it star letter doesn't mean you'd stand a chance for GAD with it here.

By all means do a topic about Unreal's online flaws, but make it your own words eh ? Copying from OXM is a bit daft as several of us here, at least, get it and read it !
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:17
Regular
"I'm sooooo happy"
I've been playing Unreal Championship to death, but recently I've found myself loathing it. Initially I loved it: violence, gore, speed, my girlfriend sulking - all signs of a great games. Unfortunately, my standing within UC had peaked. I was not able to come first in most games however hard I tried. All the players outscoring me were using a lightning gun. A quick bit of investigatimg on the Xbox and Unreal forums and I discovered why.

The Microsoft game servers all have auto-aim switched on, allowingthe most incompetent of players to get a headshot by aiming anywhere in the vicinity of their opponent's body. Players who are bad but want to rack up a high score set their weapon affinity to Lightning Gun and are just picking off players. The game is completely unbalanced, and before long no one will use other weapons.

Also, a cheat on Grim Smote (CTF) allows players to float up and fire the ION cannon ith infinite ammo. Normally this weapon kills with one hit. It's amazingly powerful, but is tempered by the fact that it is rare. But players are using cheats. It's making the Grim Smote level pointless.

A few people have raised the issue with Digital Extremes. Many people would like to see a download to fix the game, but I don't know if this is possible or if Digital Extremes has considered it. Without a fix , UC is fatally flawed, completely lacking in enfoymet, and wouldn't be deserving of a rating higher than 5/10 for playability.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.