GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Girls *do* like games..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/03/03 at 20:33
Regular
My girlfriend came up to stay with me for the weekend, and during the 5 days she was here, I bought the latest issue of OXM. I was going to wait 'til she'd gone, but I was in town so thoguth I'd get it.

I was quite happy to leave it in the bag and sort it out after she'd gone, but no. She sees that Indiana Jones on the cover and wants to play.

So we get back, load it up, and she's great. She managed to to the first whip swing thing before me, and took great delight in beating those two blokes about the face with a spade. There's going to be no gardening implements in MY house, when I get one...

Anyway, I have to go to some lectures on Monday afternoons, so I leave her to her own devices for a bit, only to come back and find her playing it again. But she's stuck on the bit with the water pool, and doesn't know where to go.

She likes the mini-games in NHL Hitz 2002, as well as punching people in the face in Rocky. AND she's not a minger.

Damn I'm lucky...

:-)
Sun 09/03/03 at 09:04
Regular
"I ush!"
Don't know whether Rosalind is going to be happy or p!ssed off when she see this posts. She's always complaining about equal rights in gaming.

Girls do like games. I've had my girlfriend hooked on starfox, mario bumchime for a little while, Mario farty pour, the sims, and yesterday she came home with a dance mat and Britney's dance beat.

:)
Sun 09/03/03 at 01:02
"Lemon eyewash"
> Damn I'm lucky...
>

*goes off and sulks in corner*
Thu 06/03/03 at 19:28
Regular
Robin wrote:
> The only people i know who play games are all men, no girls...

Maybe you should actually get out and find a girl, And don't just stay with "all men"
Wed 05/03/03 at 21:25
Wow, never though girls would like games...
The only people i know who play games are all men, no girls...
Wed 05/03/03 at 19:58
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
My gf is addicted to Tetris, gun games and she loves the PC game Alice.
;-)

She played Crash for a little while and stuff - I'm gradually getting her onto other games. ;-))
Wed 05/03/03 at 12:01
Regular
"BOSE"
here's a tricky question. could you beat a girl at say Halo, she's driving around in a tank and you haven't put rockets on ? ? ?
Wed 05/03/03 at 10:57
Regular
Tóm wrote:
> Just don't let her play any driving games!
>
> ;-)

She wanted to try out PGR, but she was crap.
Tue 04/03/03 at 22:30
"slightlyshortertagl"
Buy her Edge...

Yes, the one with the v@gina on he front cover... some very good girl gamer articles in there..
Tue 04/03/03 at 22:25
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Just don't let her play any driving games!

;-)
Tue 04/03/03 at 21:40
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Actually there are many girls/women out there that love playing games. Most of my PR contacts are women and a lot are really into games!

This certainly has its advantages ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.