GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pancake Greaze"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/03/03 at 21:00
Regular
Most of you will have absolutely no idea what I mean when I say (or type) Pancake Greaze. That's all part of the fun of being a student at Westminster School, one of the most stuck up schools in England.

The Greaze is also one of the most uncivilised 'practises' that can take part in a private school... Where the idea came from is beyond me...

Anyway, what is this Greaze that I'm on about?

A scramble for pancake

Quite simply 6 boys from each year (5 years), 30 boys, want to get as much of this special ancake that's been specially cooked and laced with horse hair (Don't ask)...

A special bar is put up in the main hall of the school, and the pancake has to go over the bar. Following the chef's attempt at throwing the pancake over the bar is the funniest, most violent display of students. Ever.

It's near enough impossible to explain, however I did find this picture on the web

http://oww.westminster.org.uk/newsletter/nov96/p5.htm

The top pic of the two is basically what happens, although this pic is from 1947, it's just as violent and funny now..

I love my school (well... sorta)
Wed 05/03/03 at 15:48
Regular
Lol :-D
Tue 04/03/03 at 22:08
"slightlyshortertagl"
Judah Ben-Hur wrote:
> "Was up" was he now? In every possible sense of the word it
> seems.

T'is a bit of Westminster lingo....

to be 'up somewhere' is to be in that place..

I.e.

To be up rigauds = to be in rigauds (one of our 11 houses)
Tue 04/03/03 at 21:40
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
This truly is the most homosexual game ever, next to Football. Or Rugby. All those showers.

"My son John Colaclides, who was up Rigaud's in the 'seventies, sometimes lets me see The Elizabethan."

"Was up" was he now? In every possible sense of the word it seems.
Tue 04/03/03 at 21:40
Regular
"Twisted Ninja"
I go to the establishment known as westminster as well, and i have to say that in a public school where most of our innermost, stonage like, hormonal and testosterone fuelled needs are quashed we need to have sumthing that we can release our sadistical tendencies in (as unfortunately we dont have rugby in our school) well put forward
By the way i heard that someone once was forced to eat the pancake and died from and inability to digest horse hair causing stomach overload...

i love trivia!!
Twisted
Tue 04/03/03 at 21:10
Regular
"Black pepper?"
Pancakes are ickie.
Tue 04/03/03 at 21:09
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Well. I go to latymer. Best grammar school in london.

So your mothers, I will make love to.
Tue 04/03/03 at 21:07
Regular
Hah, you go to a Stuck Up School!! Ner Ner!!!

My school is in Newton Mearns.... err, I retract that above statement (Not really, 98% of my school are eegits)
Tue 04/03/03 at 21:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I know someone going to Westminster 6th form.
Oh well
Tue 04/03/03 at 21:02
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Nice...
Tue 04/03/03 at 21:00
"slightlyshortertagl"
Most of you will have absolutely no idea what I mean when I say (or type) Pancake Greaze. That's all part of the fun of being a student at Westminster School, one of the most stuck up schools in England.

The Greaze is also one of the most uncivilised 'practises' that can take part in a private school... Where the idea came from is beyond me...

Anyway, what is this Greaze that I'm on about?

A scramble for pancake

Quite simply 6 boys from each year (5 years), 30 boys, want to get as much of this special ancake that's been specially cooked and laced with horse hair (Don't ask)...

A special bar is put up in the main hall of the school, and the pancake has to go over the bar. Following the chef's attempt at throwing the pancake over the bar is the funniest, most violent display of students. Ever.

It's near enough impossible to explain, however I did find this picture on the web

http://oww.westminster.org.uk/newsletter/nov96/p5.htm

The top pic of the two is basically what happens, although this pic is from 1947, it's just as violent and funny now..

I love my school (well... sorta)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.