GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The connection between the periodic table and the delays between NTSC and PAL releases"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/03/03 at 06:51
Regular
Now, many of you may be thinking that this is a strange topic to right about and yes, I agreed at first, but what you aren't seeing is the bigger picture. For instance, did you know just how many elements of the periodic table are linked to the delays between NTSC and PAL releases? It's just amazing! Almost every element in the periodic table has something to do with the delay and today, I'm going to run down them for you in this comprehensive guide:

The connection between the periodic table and the delays between NTSC and PAL releases.

Hydrogen (H)
It is very well known that Hydrogen is by far the most abundant element in the universe and makes up about 90% of the universe by weight. Hydrogen as water is absolutely essential to life and it is present in all organic compounds. Without it, there would be no life on Earth, or on these forums. So in essence, as Hydrogen is 90% of the universe, I feel that it has heavy influence over the powers-that-be back in the states and influence them to say something along the lines of "Ah, those posh b#stards can wait a few months before they get their game." Hydrogen is also known to cause these kind of effects and any scientist will tell you this.

Reactions
All you have to do is watch someone adding metal salts to a burning reaction mixture of potassium chlorate and sucrose and you can literally see the fireworks in the air. Now I believe that, as in my first theory, that mind control from the hands of science is up to its usual dirty work here. I believe that the bright colours reduced from the reaction cause the viewer to go into a trance-like-state, where their mind can be interefered with anyone willing to do so. As the Hydrogen affects them through the air, this potentially lethal combination travels visually, into the mind of the user, rendering them useless, with the potential intelligence of a baked potato. I believe that this state that Sony bosses are put in allows their Yank representatives to make decisions for them, such as allowing them to delay PAL games due to "conversion" problems. Note: it is scientifically recognized that this combination is dangerous, hence the following warning:

Do not attempt this reaction unless you are a professionally qualified chemist and you have carried out a legally satisfactory hazard assessment. Improperly done, this reaction is dangerous!

Potassium (K)
As with all of the Alkali metals in the periodic table, it is widely known that these elements oxidize very easily and this could lead to someone who doesn’t want us getting our games very quickly (bloody Nazis) slipping some oxidized Potassium into the air supply, thus causing a state and effect of drowsiness, sickness and in extreme cases, death to the “user.” And failing that, Potassium can dissolve in water and despite the fact that it may in fact burn the entire contents off your mouth off, if it doesn’t, you have a very effective hallucination drug, causing the “user” to feel the affects of the above description.

Do not attempt this reaction unless are a professionally qualified chemist and you have carried out a legally satisfactory hazard assessment.

Francium (Fr)
Finally, this is the last and most obvious reason for the delay between PAL and NTSC releases. Imagine that there is a place in America called the “NTSC-to-PAL Center” and inside is where all of the conversion from NTSC to PAL happens. Now imagine several metric tonnes of Francium being thrown on and lit. That’s one helluva barbeque! Basically, I am suggesting that whoever these people are that love to stop the delay between NTSC and PAL releases; they are quite literately blowing these NTSC-to-PAL Centers to holy-shrapnel! In a word, whoever this seemingly unseen force are, they’re committing terrorists acts because they hate to see the satisfaction that we get when getting a game before or at the same time as Americans. In a word, these people hate good ‘ol British smugness.

In closing – after much investigation by the Metropolitan police, the solution to stop the delays between PAL and NTSC releases is this:

Kill all Northerners.

Thanks for reading,
Mudda
Wed 05/03/03 at 22:43
Regular
i aint read most your post but most of it! your very right there.

And plasma! that contains gas
Wed 05/03/03 at 06:51
Regular
"Mudda owns BEARDS :"
Now, many of you may be thinking that this is a strange topic to right about and yes, I agreed at first, but what you aren't seeing is the bigger picture. For instance, did you know just how many elements of the periodic table are linked to the delays between NTSC and PAL releases? It's just amazing! Almost every element in the periodic table has something to do with the delay and today, I'm going to run down them for you in this comprehensive guide:

The connection between the periodic table and the delays between NTSC and PAL releases.

Hydrogen (H)
It is very well known that Hydrogen is by far the most abundant element in the universe and makes up about 90% of the universe by weight. Hydrogen as water is absolutely essential to life and it is present in all organic compounds. Without it, there would be no life on Earth, or on these forums. So in essence, as Hydrogen is 90% of the universe, I feel that it has heavy influence over the powers-that-be back in the states and influence them to say something along the lines of "Ah, those posh b#stards can wait a few months before they get their game." Hydrogen is also known to cause these kind of effects and any scientist will tell you this.

Reactions
All you have to do is watch someone adding metal salts to a burning reaction mixture of potassium chlorate and sucrose and you can literally see the fireworks in the air. Now I believe that, as in my first theory, that mind control from the hands of science is up to its usual dirty work here. I believe that the bright colours reduced from the reaction cause the viewer to go into a trance-like-state, where their mind can be interefered with anyone willing to do so. As the Hydrogen affects them through the air, this potentially lethal combination travels visually, into the mind of the user, rendering them useless, with the potential intelligence of a baked potato. I believe that this state that Sony bosses are put in allows their Yank representatives to make decisions for them, such as allowing them to delay PAL games due to "conversion" problems. Note: it is scientifically recognized that this combination is dangerous, hence the following warning:

Do not attempt this reaction unless you are a professionally qualified chemist and you have carried out a legally satisfactory hazard assessment. Improperly done, this reaction is dangerous!

Potassium (K)
As with all of the Alkali metals in the periodic table, it is widely known that these elements oxidize very easily and this could lead to someone who doesn’t want us getting our games very quickly (bloody Nazis) slipping some oxidized Potassium into the air supply, thus causing a state and effect of drowsiness, sickness and in extreme cases, death to the “user.” And failing that, Potassium can dissolve in water and despite the fact that it may in fact burn the entire contents off your mouth off, if it doesn’t, you have a very effective hallucination drug, causing the “user” to feel the affects of the above description.

Do not attempt this reaction unless are a professionally qualified chemist and you have carried out a legally satisfactory hazard assessment.

Francium (Fr)
Finally, this is the last and most obvious reason for the delay between PAL and NTSC releases. Imagine that there is a place in America called the “NTSC-to-PAL Center” and inside is where all of the conversion from NTSC to PAL happens. Now imagine several metric tonnes of Francium being thrown on and lit. That’s one helluva barbeque! Basically, I am suggesting that whoever these people are that love to stop the delay between NTSC and PAL releases; they are quite literately blowing these NTSC-to-PAL Centers to holy-shrapnel! In a word, whoever this seemingly unseen force are, they’re committing terrorists acts because they hate to see the satisfaction that we get when getting a game before or at the same time as Americans. In a word, these people hate good ‘ol British smugness.

In closing – after much investigation by the Metropolitan police, the solution to stop the delays between PAL and NTSC releases is this:

Kill all Northerners.

Thanks for reading,
Mudda

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.