GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reviews"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/12/01 at 19:35
Regular
I know this has probably been covered many times, but why do the reviews limit you to 4000 characters? can it be more please?

If not, would it be possible to post links to reviews I have written? And still be eligable for a GAD? any comments would be great thanxs

(P.S, you cannot review a game in enough detail with 4000 characters can you?)
Sun 30/12/01 at 19:35
I know this has probably been covered many times, but why do the reviews limit you to 4000 characters? can it be more please?

If not, would it be possible to post links to reviews I have written? And still be eligable for a GAD? any comments would be great thanxs

(P.S, you cannot review a game in enough detail with 4000 characters can you?)
Mon 31/12/01 at 02:27
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
other people have managed!

Sonic
Mon 31/12/01 at 19:31
managed how? may i ask.
Mon 31/12/01 at 19:34
"possibly impossible"
I remember the old days, when reviews would last forever and the sun always shone in the fields. It was all fields round here you know...
Mon 31/12/01 at 19:50
VGChimp wrote:
> managed how? may i ask.

Well you see, they wrote reviews, yeah? That were under 4000 characters, still with me? And then SR awarded some of the reviewers with free games!

In my book ("Managing" by the Tarrant, priced £9.99 at most decent bookshops) that's managing.
Mon 31/12/01 at 19:53
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I got a book out as well its called "Tripling" by me Harry Henry Hodgson and its a 3 part book which can help you to triple numbers and stuff
Mon 31/12/01 at 19:55
"possibly impossible"
Have you read my book entitled "Making money from gulible people"? It's only £39.99 and contains 15 pages of tips.
Mon 31/12/01 at 19:56
Regular
"¬_¬"
Well I wrote a book for pub owners which is called 'How to pull a half pint' and its about pulling half pints at pubs and stuff you know.
Mon 31/12/01 at 20:51
Sorry, its just his post didnt really explain what question he was answering. still www.vgchimp.co.uk/reviews14.html , take that review i wrote for example, it explains the game a whole lot more than the 4000 characters, if it was 4000 words thatd be better, but characters, its almost like writing a text message.
Mon 31/12/01 at 21:16
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It's surprising how much you can fit into 4000 characters. If you remember to not go into too much detail you can probably cover everything you want to say. I just wrote an 11 paragraph review that was just under 4000 characters, it could have benefitted from a few more words maybe, but it's OK. I think they've made it that short for GAD purposes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.