GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"We're Rumble-less..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/12/01 at 19:05
Regular
"As of this time, UK fans will not be able to see the Royal Rumble on PPV. Channel 4, which previously had the rights to air the Royal Rumble as well as three other WWF PPV's cancelled all WWF programming beginning on the first of this year. Sky Sports, which is the other network that has the rights to air the other eight PPV's has yet to step up and claim the rights to the remaining four."

-Taken from Wrestlezone.com

Gah...
Wed 02/01/02 at 12:29
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ant wrote:
> AfroJoe wrote:
> Ant wrote:

Hopefully that
> means Sky will get Royal
> Rumble, KOTR,
> Armageddon/Vengeance and Fully Loaded, as
> well as
> Heat.

C4 have never
> shown KOTR! Royal Rumble, Backlash, Fully Loaded
> and Armageddon/Vengeance. Not
> KOTR!

Well, I'm not sure how I happened
> to watch the 4-way elimination tag team title match at KOTR 2000 when Too Cool
> were champions then...I didn't even have Sky.

It wasn't on C4. I have seen every C4 event (not including all the Heat shows) and it wasn't on it I am sure.
Wed 02/01/02 at 11:13
Regular
"I like cheese"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Ant wrote:

Hopefully that
> means Sky will get Royal Rumble, KOTR,
> Armageddon/Vengeance and Fully Loaded, as
> well as Heat.

C4 have never
> shown KOTR! Royal Rumble, Backlash, Fully Loaded and Armageddon/Vengeance. Not
> KOTR!

Well, I'm not sure how I happened to watch the 4-way elimination tag team title match at KOTR 2000 when Too Cool were champions then...I didn't even have Sky.
Tue 01/01/02 at 19:58
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
"They put a big red X across the screen when Mae Young flashed her saggy puppies. They had just as well leave out the big X as it didn't censor anything. What a muckup. Also, the ads were annoying!"

No, that is also on the DVD version.

"They sometimes put in ads."

There are never ads during the events are there? I've never noticed them when it's on in the background. Damn brother!

"ITV would probobaly be good, although, they would probobaly put the show on ITV Sport Select. To get that, you have to have ITV Digital."

Do you mean Sky Digital or the new one that took over OnDigital?

"C5 would be worst as they can't broadcast any decent sports event."

I don't understand - why not. Ok, the adverts would be as annoying as C4, but what else? Oh, lots of people can't pick it up with their aerial alignment.

"People who have a cable adaptor (Like me(Or I did have)) can pick up TNN & UPN live from America"

Lucky you! How did you get that!? If you don't want to say on here, just E-Mail me at [email protected]

A personal passage to C4? Pah!
Tue 01/01/02 at 19:43
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:

"C4 have never shown KOTR! Royal Rumble, Backlash, Fully Loaded and Armageddon/Vengeance. Not KOTR!"

Yeah, jese Ant! Everyone knows that!

*looks around... runs away*
Mon 31/12/01 at 23:21
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ant wrote:

Hopefully that
> means Sky will get Royal Rumble, KOTR, Armageddon/Vengeance and Fully Loaded, as
> well as Heat.

C4 have never shown KOTR! Royal Rumble, Backlash, Fully Loaded and Armageddon/Vengeance. Not KOTR!
Mon 31/12/01 at 21:35
Regular
i hope sky have them all because the shows are better (for some unknown reason) and it starts earlier.
Mé†ál Gé᮲ºº²
Mon 31/12/01 at 16:05
Regular
"I like cheese"
Also taken from Wrestlezone:

"-- It has been well documented that Channel 4 in the UK has dropped the rights to air WWF Pay-Per-Views and Sunday Night Heat. However, sources are stating that Sky may pick up the rights to air these shows, which would include WWF Royal Rumble. Apparently Sky have been overwhelmed with the popularity of the WWF and the number of viewers who have called in requesting that they pick up the rights."

Hopefully that means Sky will get Royal Rumble, KOTR, Armageddon/Vengeance and Fully Loaded, as well as Heat.

Also, the Hardys have supposedly been punished for turning up late to events, arguing with writing staff, and more reasons and won't be on TV for around 6 weeks.

This may not be true however, but it's more than likely.
Mon 31/12/01 at 14:07
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
That Rumble was 2 years ago from this Rumble but one year ago speaking about this time but it will be 2 years tomorrow. Arrrggggg! Ah well, Sky should claim it.
Sun 30/12/01 at 23:14
Regular
At last years Rumble, C4 put a coverage of it. They put a big red X across the screen when Mae Young flashed her saggy puppies. They had just as well leave out the big X as it didn't censor anything. What a muckup. Also, the ads were annoying!

Sky, on the other hand, allow veiwing of the, let's just say, rare, veiwing of the pups as they say before the show, This may contain scenes of violent conduct and could cause offence, and they put TVPG in the top left hand corner. They sometimes put in ads.

ITV would probobaly be good, although, they would probobaly put the show on ITV Sport Select. To get that, you have to have ITV Digital.

BBC would be better as their channel is veiwed at every house in Britain with a telly (A fully working one with a good satillite)

C5 would be worst as they can't broadcast any decent sports event.

People who have a cable adaptor (Like me(Or I did have)) can pick up TNN & UPN live from America

Overall, C4 will probobaly keep it, but if not, Sky will beat BBC, ITV and C5 to it as BBC & ITV will see it as a waste of money and channel 5 wouldn't dream of having WWF on it's screens after the dismal ratings of WCW Worldwide

A message to C4. Please don't take our beloved Rumble away. It's alongside Wrestlemania & Summerslam as one of the best PPV's of the year

I speak on behalf of every sad sole in this forum.
Sun 30/12/01 at 19:49
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Ant wrote:
Sky Sports, which is the other network that has the rights to air the
> other eight PPV's has yet to step up and claim the rights to the remaining
> four."

I think the key word here is 'yet'. It is still possible.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.