GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well, blow me down..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/03/03 at 18:21
Regular
Unenthusiastic views have always been held against the gaming industry, and pessimists have always thought that something will ruin the gaming pleasures. We've heard all the horror stories of gaming being damaged by continuous ports, sequels and generally meagre games.

What am I sprawling on about I hear you howl (well, you probably didn't say that at all, but anyhow) I have the genuine information on what is obliterating the industry... those sausage shape balloons, yeah, you know the ones, not the normal ones, the sausage shaped ones…

The sausage shaped balloon, certainly isn't your archetype of balloon, it is long, and rubbery, and sausage shaped, it evolved from the standard oval(ish) shaped ballon which we all hold close to our hearts (not literally, unless you had surgery just for the purpose of having a balloon inserted into your insides, did you, HUH, PUNK!?) well, anyway, the sausage shaped balloon did originate in that country we all know and hate, Germany. University lecturer B. Blaustein was working on an alternate model for a pigs intestine, upon hours and hours of research their was only one answer, no, not to kill a hamster, but to create a long sausage shaped rubber creation which would be able to be formed into many different shapes, and eventually balloon animals.

The evolution of the balloon soon became unstoppable, a force to be reckoned with, the sausage shape balloon soon overtook the original balloon in sales figures, but what was next for this intricate design of disbelief? The rocket balloon of course, but was the rubber industry ready for such an invention? After only a mere 127 years after the original sausage balloon? Hell yeah. The demand for the rubber made sausages became so high, shopkeepers had to shoot a minimum of 3 people each.

The rocket balloon, what was it? Ah, the trusty balloon of amusement, this balloon contained a undersized straw in which you inflated the sausage shaped rubber, you then released the balloon from the straw… and… wow. It flies all over the place, no wonder these are so popular. I may have shattered 3 lights, poked out my sister’s eye, and destroyed a seagull, but that was still a hell of a lot of fun.

With the demand for both the sausage shaped balloons and the rocket ones, it became apparent that their was only enough room for one industry in the entertainment market. Punters sold balloons for thousands of notes, and soon people were relying on the beasties to make a living.

The gaming industry was left in the shadows of the greedy rubber business that sceptics thought was overrated. Mario cried himself to death, no one could save the Italian plumber now, and despite Master Chief’s ‘hardcore’ appearance, he topped himself, using the same rifle he used to bust open the final scum faced covenant pig.

The gaming industry was on a rapid decline because of the sausage shaped balloon, its ancestors, and its predecessors. All companies were dying. Dying from the gaming counterpart of the plague, and only one company survived, EA. This was the final straw for many gamers, as this was worse than death ever could be. Controllers were flung through apartment windows, CD’s were broken and used as fatal weapons, and the Territorial Army, for some ‘special’ project, gathered the outstanding xbox’s.

Gaming as we knew was over, those stupid rubber imbeciles…

Years went by… the balloon industry collapsed, and walked into the distance, almost as suddenly as it appeared.

Entertainment was almost non-existent, every one became miserable, and every one hated Dr. B. Blaustein. The world was ready to enter a state, a state of depression, but, almost out of nowhere came…

“Its-a-me Mario!”

Gaming was back; all trust was regained in the industry many had loved. The Italian Plumber made the biggest impact upon everyone’s life despite, only being a bunch of pixelated colours, and voice acting supremacy. The come back of the blue hedgehog, and the alien-destroying chief soon followed.

Every gamer rejoiced, over the bereavement of EA? No, EA were still energetic, but over the gaming industries tremendously excellent return, into a planet of deprivation. All traces of the sausage shaped rubber fiends were erased for history, and the gaming industry prevailed, and is, and ever will be the most supreme entertainment in the world…

Damn those inflatable pieces of rubber, damn them into the very depths of hell…

Cheers
Wed 05/03/03 at 18:21
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Unenthusiastic views have always been held against the gaming industry, and pessimists have always thought that something will ruin the gaming pleasures. We've heard all the horror stories of gaming being damaged by continuous ports, sequels and generally meagre games.

What am I sprawling on about I hear you howl (well, you probably didn't say that at all, but anyhow) I have the genuine information on what is obliterating the industry... those sausage shape balloons, yeah, you know the ones, not the normal ones, the sausage shaped ones…

The sausage shaped balloon, certainly isn't your archetype of balloon, it is long, and rubbery, and sausage shaped, it evolved from the standard oval(ish) shaped ballon which we all hold close to our hearts (not literally, unless you had surgery just for the purpose of having a balloon inserted into your insides, did you, HUH, PUNK!?) well, anyway, the sausage shaped balloon did originate in that country we all know and hate, Germany. University lecturer B. Blaustein was working on an alternate model for a pigs intestine, upon hours and hours of research their was only one answer, no, not to kill a hamster, but to create a long sausage shaped rubber creation which would be able to be formed into many different shapes, and eventually balloon animals.

The evolution of the balloon soon became unstoppable, a force to be reckoned with, the sausage shape balloon soon overtook the original balloon in sales figures, but what was next for this intricate design of disbelief? The rocket balloon of course, but was the rubber industry ready for such an invention? After only a mere 127 years after the original sausage balloon? Hell yeah. The demand for the rubber made sausages became so high, shopkeepers had to shoot a minimum of 3 people each.

The rocket balloon, what was it? Ah, the trusty balloon of amusement, this balloon contained a undersized straw in which you inflated the sausage shaped rubber, you then released the balloon from the straw… and… wow. It flies all over the place, no wonder these are so popular. I may have shattered 3 lights, poked out my sister’s eye, and destroyed a seagull, but that was still a hell of a lot of fun.

With the demand for both the sausage shaped balloons and the rocket ones, it became apparent that their was only enough room for one industry in the entertainment market. Punters sold balloons for thousands of notes, and soon people were relying on the beasties to make a living.

The gaming industry was left in the shadows of the greedy rubber business that sceptics thought was overrated. Mario cried himself to death, no one could save the Italian plumber now, and despite Master Chief’s ‘hardcore’ appearance, he topped himself, using the same rifle he used to bust open the final scum faced covenant pig.

The gaming industry was on a rapid decline because of the sausage shaped balloon, its ancestors, and its predecessors. All companies were dying. Dying from the gaming counterpart of the plague, and only one company survived, EA. This was the final straw for many gamers, as this was worse than death ever could be. Controllers were flung through apartment windows, CD’s were broken and used as fatal weapons, and the Territorial Army, for some ‘special’ project, gathered the outstanding xbox’s.

Gaming as we knew was over, those stupid rubber imbeciles…

Years went by… the balloon industry collapsed, and walked into the distance, almost as suddenly as it appeared.

Entertainment was almost non-existent, every one became miserable, and every one hated Dr. B. Blaustein. The world was ready to enter a state, a state of depression, but, almost out of nowhere came…

“Its-a-me Mario!”

Gaming was back; all trust was regained in the industry many had loved. The Italian Plumber made the biggest impact upon everyone’s life despite, only being a bunch of pixelated colours, and voice acting supremacy. The come back of the blue hedgehog, and the alien-destroying chief soon followed.

Every gamer rejoiced, over the bereavement of EA? No, EA were still energetic, but over the gaming industries tremendously excellent return, into a planet of deprivation. All traces of the sausage shaped rubber fiends were erased for history, and the gaming industry prevailed, and is, and ever will be the most supreme entertainment in the world…

Damn those inflatable pieces of rubber, damn them into the very depths of hell…

Cheers
Wed 05/03/03 at 18:27
Regular
"Festivus!"
I couldn't make out a word of that - all i know is that you destroyed a seagull, It's-a Mario and B. blausan or something. Still, a nice read.
Wed 05/03/03 at 19:25
"period drama"
Hoo hoo.
A challenge.
Wed 05/03/03 at 20:27
Regular
"Remember me?"
*blows Sfone down"

Hoo har!!!
Wed 05/03/03 at 20:39
Regular
"Twisted Ninja"
wht does all of this have to do with a sausage shaped balloon? and Its-a-me mario.... i did quite frankly not understand that story.... i think it is lacking in coherency...
Thu 06/03/03 at 16:58
Regular
"QPR 1974"
I really do not understand where veryone is become confused, it's not difficult to understand
Thu 06/03/03 at 17:54
Regular
"Seriously Chewy"
I agree with Sfone. Whats so hard to understand? Its a perfectly logical sequence of events that lead to the downfall of the gaming industry........i think

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.