GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Sunshine"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/12/01 at 13:45
Regular
Most of us have now seen them pictures from the new Gamecube Mario game, Mario Sunshine. In the pictures the over weight italian plumer has a strange backpack on. Every where is asking the questions what is the bag for, what is its purpose in the game?

Well here are my ideas:

1. It sucks in enemies, which will be turned into either energy or power ups.

2. It shoots bubbles, wich can trap enmies. He can also get into a bubble, so he can fly.

3. It feels with air, once again giving him the power to fly.

4. It shoots water, which destroys enemies, and puts out fires. Maybe the fires around bowser?

Who knows what its for. What are your ideas?

CDouch
Sun 30/12/01 at 13:45
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Most of us have now seen them pictures from the new Gamecube Mario game, Mario Sunshine. In the pictures the over weight italian plumer has a strange backpack on. Every where is asking the questions what is the bag for, what is its purpose in the game?

Well here are my ideas:

1. It sucks in enemies, which will be turned into either energy or power ups.

2. It shoots bubbles, wich can trap enmies. He can also get into a bubble, so he can fly.

3. It feels with air, once again giving him the power to fly.

4. It shoots water, which destroys enemies, and puts out fires. Maybe the fires around bowser?

Who knows what its for. What are your ideas?

CDouch
Sun 30/12/01 at 14:27
Regular
"One More Chance"
Those are all good ideas but I think his backpack contains his lunch.
Sun 30/12/01 at 14:32
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I think it contains water but what to do with ........... I dunno.
Sun 30/12/01 at 15:49
Regular
Jetster wrote:
> Those are all good ideas but I think his backpack contains his lunch.

well he is a little over weight isnt he
Sun 30/12/01 at 16:38
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yeah those are good ideas, and yes he is and always will be overweight. Maybe it contains pasta (his favourite) and he fires it into his mouth through the cannon (keeping his white gloves clean), using pasta sauce instead of water??
Or maybe the water gun cools him down when he soaks himself with it. He must get hot and tired from all that eating and all those adventures!
Or maybe he just got it to have fun with his friends. And the whole game is about finding his mates do they can have a massive water fight!
Sun 30/12/01 at 16:48
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
balony
Sun 30/12/01 at 18:47
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I think the backpack contains Marios excrement(poo), so the enemies won't know he is there, or where he has been...like in the SAS or something
Sun 30/12/01 at 19:15
Its always possible that that backpack is only an add on, like a power up you can only collect for certain situations and wont be used during the whole game. I hope its more like mario 64, rather than luigis mansion, where its just the same thing over and over again.
Sun 30/12/01 at 19:18
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
In all seriousness, I read in the official nintendo magazine a few months ago, that the backpack wasfor shooting water out of at the enemies...in fact, if you look at a screenshot, you should see a little circle somewhere with what looks like water inside it
Sun 30/12/01 at 19:41
Regular
Maybe Mario has a sidekick in his bag? Banjo-kazooie style.

Probably not luigi, but maybe asomthin like the little guy from Jak&daxter? could be...

I'd like mario to have a sidekick, sometimes the other mario games can get lonely :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.