GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Wed 05/03/03 at 22:06
Regular
It's a game I've heard a lot of good things about since I started posting in the X-Box forums, and it's really got me intrigued; so much so that I'm thinking of buying it this Friday, when Sainsbury's chucks a juicy pay-slip my way.

But I don't know that much about the game. Rather than read hundreds of yawnsome reviews, I'd appreciate any information I could get first-hand from anyone who owns the game. What does the game involve? Are the graphics and sound up to much? Is it overly complicated? (Because, let's face it, I'm no Einstein).

Any information you could provide that could enlighten me would be appreciated. A lot.

Cheers.
Fri 07/03/03 at 20:02
Regular
"Selected"
It's good but you have to have the time for it.

It's not THAT daunting. I remember i was in the same position as you and people were screaming "It's HUGE, it's unbelievable!!!!" and to be fair, its big but it isn't that scary. You get a bit fustrated when you have to walk between towns but thats about the only time you think "bloody hell this is a big place"

But truthfully, I don't think any of us can tell you what its really like. Just buy it, try it yourself and if you don't like it then take it back.
Fri 07/03/03 at 19:17
"Tagline"
I agree.
Fri 07/03/03 at 19:06
Regular
Without a shadow of a doubt, the best game you can possibly purchase on X-Box at the moment. It's fantastic, deep, involving and great, great fun.

Get it. Get it now.
Fri 07/03/03 at 19:00
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Chances are you will be overwhelmed when you first start the game. It's so open-ended and free it's unlike any other game you've played before.

There is a main quest to follow if you want to, but the idea of the game is simply to do whatever you want. Generally, the first few hours you'll spend getting used to the game. After this you'll start to get a feel for things and for what you want your character to be. It's then that you'll start looking for quests or missions, or for ways to improve your character or his/her equipment. You'll start to become curious about the world instead of just feeling lost. You'll start to learn your way around, and you'll have a desire to know exactly what this game has to offer.

And it has a lot to offer.
Fri 07/03/03 at 15:54
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Dark Mark™ wrote:
> This "the game is boring/daunting etc for the first few
> hours" thing has me worried. In what ways is the game daunting
> and boring?

Your character starts off with no possessions and his/her abilities are weak. It just takes a while to build-up your character to a decent level.

Also the gameworld is so vast that you don't really know where to go and what to do at the beginning.

I would only buy it if you can dedicate at least 100 hours to the game.
Fri 07/03/03 at 10:29
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
you dont know where to go who to see type of daunting and it has me daunted!
Thu 06/03/03 at 22:22
Regular
"Remember me?"
This "the game is boring/daunting etc for the first few hours" thing has me worried. In what ways is the game daunting and boring?

Daunting sounds scary.

SCAAAARRRRYYYY!
Thu 06/03/03 at 19:46
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
unfortunatly for me I haven't progressed past that first few hours yet and I have had it since release.
Thu 06/03/03 at 18:20
Regular
Its an 'open-ended' RPG.

Best i've ever seen, but, its EXTREMELY daunting at first with a massive gameworld.

I emphasize the word "massive".

You basiccly do whatever you want.

Wanna steal stuff? Do it
Wanna Sleep in somebody elses bed? Go ahead.
Wanna get high on the games drug "Moon Sugar"? Sure

Its such a cool game, But may take a while to get used to. There is loads of different types of "classes" that you can pick and shape your character.

You don't even have to do the "main" storyline missions, you can work for others.....on the streets.

(I'm typing all separated as the space bar on my keyboard is broken)

Ask more.
Thu 06/03/03 at 15:03
Regular
"Erm....."
Ive also heard alot about this game and as a new x-box owner im going to buy it myself, ive heard people say that it boring for the first few hours but then it starts to evolve into something spectactular...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.