GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No wonder Gamecube doesn't suceed......"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/03/03 at 23:18
Regular
I know it's only a small thing but i've just seen the second banner on Special Reserve advertising a game that is clearly also coming out on Gamecube but it states it's only coming out on PS2.

The banner's for Def Jam Vendetta.

I know they've said their suppliers don't inform them about the games but surely a likkle bit of searching on the internet will reveal that the game's also coming out for Gamecube.
Fri 07/03/03 at 12:49
Regular
but id still like to see GC getting a good section in shops etc.
Fri 07/03/03 at 12:48
Regular
personally i dont care if everyone in the world has an xbox and PS2, while only 20% or so have a GC.

Nintendos making money so they will stay in the console making world, so ill sit here happily playing my GC whilst you everyone else moans PS2 and Xbox are better, after all, all that matters at the end of the day is that you enjoy your spare time playing games.
Fri 07/03/03 at 12:43
Regular
"Long time no see!"
There was some little kid there with his mum there went I last went to the "laughable" GameCube section in GAME. They were looking at Men In Black 2. Not a single Mario SunShine or even Pikmin in site!!

I felt kinda stupid there, seeing all these other people my-age over in the PS2 and X-Box sections. And they didn't have the game I wanted either, so I felt slightly worse, walking out, empty-handed.

I'm never going to GAME again!! :P
Fri 07/03/03 at 10:29
"Darkness, always"
Joking aside, the fact remains that continued advertising of mutli-platform games that don't mention the fact that said game is on GC is damaging, and I very much doubt if SR are the only ones who do it.
Fri 07/03/03 at 09:48
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I swear everytime I go into GAME and look at the Cube stuff there's
> always a fat person looking at a copy of Lost Kingdoms.

LMAO! There is allways about 8 people around the bargain bin going..."OOH I BET WE'RE GUNNA' FIND A BARGAIN" when i go in! I feel like saying "Use eBay...or SR : )
Fri 07/03/03 at 08:43
"For the horde!!!!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I swear everytime I go into GAME and look at the Cube stuff there's
> always a fat person looking at a copy of Lost Kingdoms.
>
> It's happened multiple times now - maybe the game just attracts obese,
> nerds.

Must be the Gamecubes busy period lol.
Fri 07/03/03 at 07:05
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Yes I think this blatant favouritism by SR will ruin the Gamecube.
Yes, SR will ruin the GC.
Thu 06/03/03 at 23:50
Regular
I swear everytime I go into GAME and look at the Cube stuff there's always a fat person looking at a copy of Lost Kingdoms.

It's happened multiple times now - maybe the game just attracts obese, nerds.
Thu 06/03/03 at 23:43
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I think it’s as simple as the shops want to make as much money as they can and they sell less Cube stuff then PS2 stuff so they promote the best selling consol more. But of course I could be wrong and they could just be bias.
Thu 06/03/03 at 23:39
"Uzi Lover"
What you want a baboon to play with your hairy man boobs?

And yes, places like GAME make the GC look a bad console sticking the software at the back where no-one is. I'm always the only one in the shop browsing the GC section. Tut tut.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.