GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Paperjpn, reguarding your review (no, he ain't copied!)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Sonic Mega Collection'.
Fri 07/03/03 at 15:47
Regular
Here's your extensively detailed (:D) review of Sonic Mega Collection:

Do you dig up dead relatives at Christmas just because you miss them. Do it the Old Skool way and buy a Mega Drive, this compilation cannot emulate the true feel of the game. Pretty good, though.

Just a quick note: The games are exact ports of their originals. The only difference is the controller. So you are getting the 'true feel' of the games. :)
Sat 08/03/03 at 09:17
Regular
"Festivus!"
Edgy wrote:
> The only 2D Mario game to puzzle me in the least was Super Mario World
> in the woods.
>
> Just because Sonic is faster, it doesn't mean there ain't any skill
> involved. What a misconception. I'm sure many people will tell you how
> long they played Sonic the Hedgehog (the original) on the MegaDrive in
> 1991 before they completed it, and I'm sure they'd tell you that skill
> played a major part!

I still strongly disagree - I found it mostly to be about luck and finding the correct routes to take. Yes, I love Sonic, and have happy memories of playing it on my short-lived mega-drive, but Mario, for me, was an awful lot more inventive and exciting.
Fri 07/03/03 at 23:59
Regular
The only 2D Mario game to puzzle me in the least was Super Mario World in the woods.

Just because Sonic is faster, it doesn't mean there ain't any skill involved. What a misconception. I'm sure many people will tell you how long they played Sonic the Hedgehog (the original) on the MegaDrive in 1991 before they completed it, and I'm sure they'd tell you that skill played a major part!
Fri 07/03/03 at 23:48
Regular
"Festivus!"
I have to disagree with you edgy - Sonic couldn't come close to Mario - Whereas Sonic had you pressing the forward button and hoping, Mario had you puzzled for days.

Sonic still rules though
Fri 07/03/03 at 23:41
Regular
"Digging!"
Its a shame I have all the games on my PC running through a MegaDrive emulator already. I would probably buy it if I didn't.
Fri 07/03/03 at 23:38
Regular
"Festivus!"
Dringo wrote:
> I might want to get this game... saw it today relativly cheaply and I
> so want it.

tell me where, I really do need this game.
Fri 07/03/03 at 23:37
Regular
It's a brilliant compilation. Obviously not state of the art gaming, but it was in the early 1990s :D
Fri 07/03/03 at 23:23
Regular
I might want to get this game... saw it today relativly cheaply and I so want it.
Fri 07/03/03 at 23:18
Regular
:) Well to me the games are just as good (or bad in the case of Sonic Spinball, arguably one of the worst games on the disc, though not necessarily a terrible game), as the originals I have played in the past on the MegaDrive.
Fri 07/03/03 at 19:15
Regular
"Despondent"
Sonis represents a time past. It has a place in the present and future but it represents the past. I was gonna use a Buzz Aldrin quote... but I've lost it.
Fri 07/03/03 at 19:15
Regular
"Despondent"
Sonis represents a time past. It has a place in the present and future but it represents the past. I was gonna use a Buzz Aldrin quote... but I've lost it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.