GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Knowing you are going to die!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/03/03 at 18:20
Regular
In about 20 or so years scientists recon that by taking blood samples of you, they will be able to tell you:

How long you are going to live

Wever you are going to live a healthy life or not

If you are going to catch any disese

are you going to get cancer and die from it

how tall you are going to be

will you loose your hair colour

Now personally i wouldnt like to know anything that is going to happen to me in the future, because if i knew that i was going to die in like, 5 years time, i wouldnt be able to have a good time because i would spend most of the five years worrying about it...
I personally think that it is a stupid idear to carry out these experiments, because not many people would like to know when they are going to die...
Fri 07/03/03 at 18:20
In about 20 or so years scientists recon that by taking blood samples of you, they will be able to tell you:

How long you are going to live

Wever you are going to live a healthy life or not

If you are going to catch any disese

are you going to get cancer and die from it

how tall you are going to be

will you loose your hair colour

Now personally i wouldnt like to know anything that is going to happen to me in the future, because if i knew that i was going to die in like, 5 years time, i wouldnt be able to have a good time because i would spend most of the five years worrying about it...
I personally think that it is a stupid idear to carry out these experiments, because not many people would like to know when they are going to die...
Fri 07/03/03 at 18:34
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Its is just YET ANOTHER breakthrough in medical science. I wouldnt like to know if I was going to drop dead tomorrow but I have a phillisophy of living each day as if it is my last.
Fri 07/03/03 at 18:35
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Wrong forum, fool.
Fri 07/03/03 at 18:37
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
But it won't tell you about me hiding round the corner with my shovel when you're walking home late at night.
Fri 07/03/03 at 18:40
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
That wouldn't work though, it couldn't be worked out because the length of your life depends on lots of uncontrollable factors, which cannot be predicted, for example, catching contagious illnesses or the like...
Fri 07/03/03 at 19:49
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
In about 20 years or so, and less in some cases, scientists may very well have cured or developed treatments for those same things which could end a persons life. In some ways it's useful, if a person will get cancer then their doctor can look for early signs and that increases survival rates no end, same goes for things like heart disease, knowing they could have it will more than likely encourage a person to adopt a healthier lifestyle so they may live longer.

These tests are really just predicting the future, health problems are best faced as early as possible, so really it's useful research.
Fri 07/03/03 at 19:54
Regular
Star Fury wrote:

>
> These tests are really just predicting the future, health problems are
> best faced as early as possible, so really it's useful research.

Until you can't get life/health insurance or employment because scientists say you will develop a serious condition when your 35.
Fri 07/03/03 at 19:57
Regular
Good point. Star Fury lies.
Fri 07/03/03 at 20:16
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Until you can't get life/health insurance or employment because
> scientists say you will develop a serious condition when your 35.

But that would mean a chance in medical confidentiality laws, and the ability of a company to introduce mandatory testing, again that would be very difficult to do, and insurance companies in America have already been warned that if they try to do anything like that then they face a massive legal battle.

Given that most of the public would not support it, the insurance companies would be in a very tricky position, not to mention that anyone not employed because of the results of a test - if they were not actually ill at the time - would be able to take an employer to court for discrimination in most cases.
Fri 07/03/03 at 20:41
Regular
But it's a real fear.

And then what happens when every new child is born perfect because their parents chose all their genes?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.