GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Knowing you are going to die!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/03/03 at 18:20
Regular
In about 20 or so years scientists recon that by taking blood samples of you, they will be able to tell you:

How long you are going to live

Wever you are going to live a healthy life or not

If you are going to catch any disese

are you going to get cancer and die from it

how tall you are going to be

will you loose your hair colour

Now personally i wouldnt like to know anything that is going to happen to me in the future, because if i knew that i was going to die in like, 5 years time, i wouldnt be able to have a good time because i would spend most of the five years worrying about it...
I personally think that it is a stupid idear to carry out these experiments, because not many people would like to know when they are going to die...
Sat 08/03/03 at 18:31
I think we all have came to the conclusion that the experiments that they will do to see when you are going to die is all pretty stupid...
Like some one said, you could be on a diet for ten years, then eats non stop fatty food for the rest of your life...
It just wouldnt work, and even if it did in some cases, most people wouldnt want to know...
Sat 08/03/03 at 16:40
Regular
"Spunkeh Monkeh"
VenomByte wrote:
> I think that somewhat unlikely. The key point to take on board here,
> is that this is a genetic analysis, not a lifestyle analysis. Your
> genes do have serious implications as to what conditions you may or
> may not be prone to when you are older. If your family has a history
> of strokes in middle age, or Huntington's disease, wouldn't you want
> to know if you're in the clear or not?

Fair point. It works that way, but I feel it doesn't the other, in that they can say you're healthy and then go into depression and eat all the wrong foods.

Can anyone else hear the word "lawsuit"?

I'm just trying to spark controversy, by the way, or a debate, even :)
Sat 08/03/03 at 11:39
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Robin wrote:
> In about 20 or so years scientists recon that by taking blood samples
> of you, they will be able to tell you:
>
> how tall you are going to be
>
> will you loose your hair colour

Hell, in twenty years time I could tell you that :)
Sat 08/03/03 at 11:37
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I think that somewhat unlikely. The key point to take on board here, is that this is a genetic analysis, not a lifestyle analysis. Your genes do have serious implications as to what conditions you may or may not be prone to when you are older. If your family has a history of strokes in middle age, or Huntington's disease, wouldn't you want to know if you're in the clear or not?

Even things such as alcoholism and dietary tendancies have been linked to your genes. You are not as free-willed as you think you are. Assuming no major environmental constraints, I think these predictions would be likely to be highly accurate.
Sat 08/03/03 at 09:17
Regular
"Spunkeh Monkeh"
maddmun wrote:
> Load of rubbish, what, if you are a vegetarian till the day you take
> the test, then for the rest of your life, each cornflake is wrapped in
> bacon? That will affect your life, won't it?

Exactamendo mate. These kinds of tests can't be particularly accurate at all, unless you maintain the boring and dull routine every day, which most of us do not. And even then, it's still not accurate.

So, it MAY help, but will probably provide false information that may result in MORE deaths than were originally planned. In a nutshell, it could all go horribly wrong and blow up in scientist's faces.
Sat 08/03/03 at 00:33
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I dont want to know. Unless I am going to get cancer (which with my luck I will) and so I can get early treatment.
Fri 07/03/03 at 23:17
well ye probabaly, but im only saying what i heard, i personally thin that it is a load of rubbish...
Fri 07/03/03 at 23:16
Regular
Load of rubbish, what, if you are a vegetarian till the day you take the test, then for the rest of your life, each cornflake is wrapped in bacon? That will affect your life, won't it?
Fri 07/03/03 at 23:09
Regular
"Festivus!"
Star Fury wrote:
> In about 20 years or so, and less in some cases, scientists may very
> well have cured or developed treatments for those same things which
> could end a persons life.

So they could stop me pulling out a pistol and unloading it in your face?
Fri 07/03/03 at 22:43
Um, OK...
*runs*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.