GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does Anyone Know How To...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/03/03 at 10:43
Regular
Take good quality screen captures from a tv using any kind of equipment or software ? Photograp[hs from a standard camera are no good.

Basically my dissertation is about videogames, and I want to take screen captures from my Xbox/DC e.t.c. for use in it, and despite a trawl around the net I can't see anything that suggests how to do it.

If anyone has any ideas at all then post them here because.....erm well I can't think of any brilliant reason other than goodwill :D
Sat 08/03/03 at 10:43
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Take good quality screen captures from a tv using any kind of equipment or software ? Photograp[hs from a standard camera are no good.

Basically my dissertation is about videogames, and I want to take screen captures from my Xbox/DC e.t.c. for use in it, and despite a trawl around the net I can't see anything that suggests how to do it.

If anyone has any ideas at all then post them here because.....erm well I can't think of any brilliant reason other than goodwill :D
Sat 08/03/03 at 10:49
Regular
"I ush!"
yeah, lots of ways to do this.
On is to have a graphics card with a TV input,
a second is to use a DVD drive on your comp and play a DVD disc from a magazine,

finally there are a million screen shots on the net, why not use those?
Sat 08/03/03 at 10:52
"slightlyshortertagl"
Play your console through your PC through a TV card, and use 'Print Screen....

I think...
Sat 08/03/03 at 10:56
Regular
"I ush!"
You're right, print screen will copy the screen to the clip board, (and alt + printscreen will do just a wondows contents), but some software can be fussy about what it prints. For instance Windows Media player will leave a black square where your pic should be.

Depending on what you want I might be able to help you out a little.
Dissertation sound like 60,000 words or so to me. Not sure I cna help with diagrams for all of that.

Basically I'm saying I'd be happy to try and help so long as you didn't take the p!ss : )
Sat 08/03/03 at 11:29
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
The actual title I have is The Geography Of Videogame and it's looking at the use of space, place, and representation in the games, and how this has changed as they've advanced. For the earlier games systems I've got emulators for, plus I've got access to a PS2 and GC, and my own , Xbox and Dreamcast.

From what people have said so far it sounds like a graphics card with a tv in is a good bet, I've found that the capture card I have installed for a webcam has a composite IN and S Video IN sockets, that any good ? I'm somewhat clueless on technical stuff like this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.