GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sid Meir's: Sim Series"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/12/01 at 20:14
Regular
I was just about to play The sims Hotdate (Plus all of the the expansion packs.) when I went to the demos icon, to my amazement there was a demo of sims golf. Now I find Golf quite boring but this demo is brilliant. My parents couldn't get me off the computer for over 4 hours. It is a exciting game. Much like the excellent Theme park but in more ways then 1 alot better. You build your own golf course and train up your own player. ( On the demo you only get to build 3 holes.) But then when I came off it got me thinking, want could be next. I already know that that Sim Mars is on its way but what will be next.
Sim book writing,
Sim Olympics,
Sim Heros.
I have had many ideas. Too many to put down here. (Plus I've forgotten most of them.) But I would to see what else Sid Meir can acomplish. He brought us such games as Alpha Centuri, The sims, Livin' it large, That's life, House Party and Hot date. Soon to come Sim FPS and Sim molecular confusion. You might have guessed that the last 2 are made up but think of the possibilities.

1 idea:

Sim Pinball- A man or women (which ever you choose) Sim is rolled up in a ball. You have to bounce him/her round 12 tables. Each table has a different theme. Beach, House (A table you can edit and adapt), Galaxy and many more. There is a multi player in which you a split screen and you have to rack up the highest score. You can play it on the Internet, a Network system and local. It is split screen in all modes. You can get special Bonuses if you get combos, the bonuses affect your opponents table. The worst being Lost ball or even tilt! In first player mode you have to gainpoints to win. The balls start as babie Sims then by getting bonuses transform into child Sims and then if your a supremo pinball master your ball might even change into an adult Sim. There are cut scenes, So if you lose all your balls when using a child ball then the kid gets sent to military school. To open up the high scoring tables you have to get top scores on the starting tables.

=B0) enjoy maybe put down you own ideas.

Oh yeah does anybody know when Sim golf is out 'cos when it is I'll march straight to SR to get it. =B0)
Fri 28/12/01 at 20:14
Regular
""
I was just about to play The sims Hotdate (Plus all of the the expansion packs.) when I went to the demos icon, to my amazement there was a demo of sims golf. Now I find Golf quite boring but this demo is brilliant. My parents couldn't get me off the computer for over 4 hours. It is a exciting game. Much like the excellent Theme park but in more ways then 1 alot better. You build your own golf course and train up your own player. ( On the demo you only get to build 3 holes.) But then when I came off it got me thinking, want could be next. I already know that that Sim Mars is on its way but what will be next.
Sim book writing,
Sim Olympics,
Sim Heros.
I have had many ideas. Too many to put down here. (Plus I've forgotten most of them.) But I would to see what else Sid Meir can acomplish. He brought us such games as Alpha Centuri, The sims, Livin' it large, That's life, House Party and Hot date. Soon to come Sim FPS and Sim molecular confusion. You might have guessed that the last 2 are made up but think of the possibilities.

1 idea:

Sim Pinball- A man or women (which ever you choose) Sim is rolled up in a ball. You have to bounce him/her round 12 tables. Each table has a different theme. Beach, House (A table you can edit and adapt), Galaxy and many more. There is a multi player in which you a split screen and you have to rack up the highest score. You can play it on the Internet, a Network system and local. It is split screen in all modes. You can get special Bonuses if you get combos, the bonuses affect your opponents table. The worst being Lost ball or even tilt! In first player mode you have to gainpoints to win. The balls start as babie Sims then by getting bonuses transform into child Sims and then if your a supremo pinball master your ball might even change into an adult Sim. There are cut scenes, So if you lose all your balls when using a child ball then the kid gets sent to military school. To open up the high scoring tables you have to get top scores on the starting tables.

=B0) enjoy maybe put down you own ideas.

Oh yeah does anybody know when Sim golf is out 'cos when it is I'll march straight to SR to get it. =B0)
Fri 28/12/01 at 22:35
Regular
""
Pop!
Thu 15/12/11 at 09:07
Regular
We are planning on giving Llandegla a bash on Sunday if the weather is OK. The weather forecast for sunday at the moment is cold but dry. We are planning to meet there for a 9am start.

Please be there for a 9am start, I need to be back by 1.30pm as I have got something on, so if we start prompt at 9am I should be OK.

If the weather forecast gets worse (raining), then we'll give it a miss and do a local one, please check the website here on Staurday evening for any change.
Fri 16/12/11 at 18:53
Regular
Unfortunately not going to make it, feeling a bit crap, onset of a cold / manflu or what ever you want to call it, if you still go have a good one cheers Si
Fri 16/12/11 at 19:30
The weather for Sunday:

Clear with a chance of snow in the morning, then overcast with a chance of rain. High of 4°C with a windchill of -3°C. Winds from the NNW at 20 km/h. Chance of precipitation 50%.

Looks like it may be a local ride?

Should be a good one setting off from the H&H or Rivington at 09:30... what do yah reckon?

PK

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.