GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the wind waker or the ocarina"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Sun 09/03/03 at 09:19
Regular
Which one is the best?the wind waker or the ocarina?
is princess zelda in the wind waker
Sun 09/03/03 at 14:01
Regular
"keep your receipt"
well apparently a new link is born every time any world is faced with a terrible danger (or when nintendo want to make another Zelda game) and so the world link is born into in the Wind Waker unfortunately does not have Zelda in it.

The Wind Waker is essentially the moniker for a baton link aquires in the game. He uses it much like he played the Ocarina, where buttons and directions on the controller played notes...only this time the Wind Waker is a conductor's baton and link is conducting an orchestra. Another neat feature is that you have to play the song in the correct time as well (thanks to a ticker-bar at the bottom of he screen) else, unlike in Ocarina, your spell will fail.
Sun 09/03/03 at 11:18
Regular
"And some more !"
stop writing alot its making my eyes hurt
Sun 09/03/03 at 10:50
Regular
*SPOILERS*

Zelda is in it.
Sun 09/03/03 at 09:47
Regular
"I ush!"
$lik wrote:

>
> In short... NO! zelda is not actually in Zelda The Wind Waker, it's
> basically another one of those zelda games that focuses on another
> aspect of Links life and answers many questions about his untill now
> seemingly hazy background.
>

Does that mean that someone already familiar with the Zelda franchise will gain more from the game than someone who is relatively new to it?
I mean, I expect the game to be able to stand alone, but will there be references and things that less informed gamers may be oblivious to?
Sun 09/03/03 at 09:40
Regular
"DS..."
Hmm i'm guessing that from your name that your pretty slow on the uptake when it comes to zelda games, however I will now answer your excuse for a question...

In short... NO! zelda is not actually in Zelda The Wind Waker, it's basically another one of those zelda games that focuses on another aspect of Links life and answers many questions about his untill now seemingly hazy background.

So in summary it's kind of a side quest, there have been many of these over the past few years including Majoras Mask, and the 2 oracle games and while these games didnt include zelda in them they did have apperances in them which did'nt really count though such as when you got your ocarina of time back in Majoras Mask you have a flashback where you remember zelda teaching you the Song of Time, and in the 2 oracle series when u completed ages you got a password for seasons and when u played through seasons for the second time you would eventually early on in the game meet and rescue zelda from a dungeon but then she just dissapeared so neither really count as actually having zelda in them.

I think it is a great shame that the latest in the series will be no exception in the exclusion of zelda but i suppose it does follow the traditional storyline in the fact that you do actually get to acquire the triforce pieces in it but it really should go back to its "real" roots in the next installment allthough the wind waker is a refreshing addition adding innovations aplenty to the series, one things for sure though, Zelda will live imortally in the hearts of gamers for ever and any naysayers should be silenced.

Hope this helps in the answering of your "question" :)

slik ~_~
Sun 09/03/03 at 09:19
Regular
Which one is the best?the wind waker or the ocarina?
is princess zelda in the wind waker

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.