GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo 2 in 2004"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Sun 09/03/03 at 14:09
Regular
An article i saw on Gamers.com today. *curses* *stamps feet*

Bungie today announced that Halo 2 will not ship at any time in 2003, dashing the hopes of many waiting for the sequel to what was arguably 2001's game of the year. Previously thought to be a key title for this holiday season, Bungie noted that they aren't in the business of announcing release dates until they are absolutely sure of making the deadline, and thus had never properly pinpointed a release date beforehand.
Buried along with all the usual talk of only working to make the game the best it can be, Bungie did say that the game would be on display at E3, and that the Mac and PC versions of the original Halo are still on the way for 2003. So there is a bit of consolation for Halo fans, but let's face it -- we all want Halo 2. Roll on E3!
Sun 09/03/03 at 18:28
Regular
"The Dwarf's coming"
The estimated time of release is December 2003 but as it says on the Bungie site: http://makeashorterlink.com/?A1AF12DB3

Q When is Halo 2 coming out?
A Bungie has always stood by our policy of not giving out release dates for any of our titles. To put it simply, Halo 2 will be done when it's done. We're all as eager as you to get our hands on this amazing game but perfection takes time.

For now, Matt has already confirmed that the Summer 2003 dates being shown on various retail websites are definitely not accurate. When we do have a solid release date, we will post it here on Bungie.net. Until then, any Halo 2 release dates you hear should be considered extremely unreliable.
Sun 09/03/03 at 15:15
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
HalloHowArtThou wrote:
> it'll mean you can enjoy Doom, Perfect Dark and Fable more...

Thing is fable has been set back to late 2003, and i think perfect dark is due then too. not sure about doom though.
Sun 09/03/03 at 15:13
"slightlyshortertagl"
it'll mean you can enjoy Doom, Perfect Dark and Fable more...
Sun 09/03/03 at 15:10
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Thankyou for digging this up, But I posted this a few days ago. Sorry
> mate :)
>
> "Yay! Halo 2 soon, Oh wait..."

sorry didn't realise, i haven't been on the forums for about a week and couldn't be bothered to check if it was already here. never mind:)

halo2 is gonna rule! can't wait.
Sun 09/03/03 at 14:52
Regular
Thankyou for digging this up, But I posted this a few days ago. Sorry mate :)

"Yay! Halo 2 soon, Oh wait..."
Sun 09/03/03 at 14:37
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
You've gotta laugh really...

hahahahahhahahahahahahha
Sun 09/03/03 at 14:09
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
An article i saw on Gamers.com today. *curses* *stamps feet*

Bungie today announced that Halo 2 will not ship at any time in 2003, dashing the hopes of many waiting for the sequel to what was arguably 2001's game of the year. Previously thought to be a key title for this holiday season, Bungie noted that they aren't in the business of announcing release dates until they are absolutely sure of making the deadline, and thus had never properly pinpointed a release date beforehand.
Buried along with all the usual talk of only working to make the game the best it can be, Bungie did say that the game would be on display at E3, and that the Mac and PC versions of the original Halo are still on the way for 2003. So there is a bit of consolation for Halo fans, but let's face it -- we all want Halo 2. Roll on E3!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.