GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming made simple...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/12/01 at 16:03
Regular
What card represents what in gaming.

I tried a topic like this close to a year ago, it tried to compare the gaming market to a Mr Potato toy... that failed miserably so I try again.

Cards 1-5: Average Joe Gamers.
They dominant the sales of all the games, they are the majority of gamers. When a basically crap game is bought, these people are the ones who buy it. Harry Potter anyone? Simpsons Wrestling? Don't rip them all up though, as these people buying the consoles and shoddy games just allows hardcore gamers to enjoy their own elite league.

Cards 6-8: Hardcore Gamers
Moving up the deck we have the gamers that read into what they are buying, the gamers that know their information and help others choose. Most are biased. They are the minority of gamers and would have spent thousands of pounds on games alone.

Cards 9-10: The shops
Shops in the UK are probably the worst for buying games for compared to any other place in the world. Its not the 'IdidntpassmyGSCEs' staff with their own collection of spots and facescars. Its the fact we have to pay so much. They take up cards 9 and 10 because without these guys, we would be a lot richer and we would have a lot less games.
Credit to companies alike Special Reserve though, they are that little bit different.

Jack: Developing companies
The Jack always deals to the Queen and King. So, I decided to place all the developing companies in one card. I was going to place Rare into the Ace slot, but I thought that would show my love for them too much. Well its basically that simple. The Jack's deal to the Queen and King.

Queen: At present: GameCube
Its doing brilliantely in America, its had, lovely sales, it lacks a Mario game, but hey, that would just be asking too much.

King: Playstation2 and GBA
These two consoles after receiving criticisms and rants have in there life done very very well, although I don't like to admit it the PS2 is becoming a nice console. The GBA still keeps me playing MKA every night. Super.

Ace: Rare
Why? I said I wouldn't? EVERYTHING THESE GUYS TOUCH IS INCREDIBLE. Everything Rare release is just breathtaking to play. They have their own style. Originality is these guys second name. God, it makes me weep to even think about After Dark. :- When its 'RareWare' its Rare.

Joker: Microsoft
A topic wouldn't be complete by me if I didnt manage to slack of Microsoft. They are the Jokers. They try and receive from the Jacks, but fail miserably, then they try and claim the most sales, even though its reported Bill brought 120,000 himself. Ahhhh.. what a joke. Can they please shutup and go home to their own market.

Thats the house of cards ion gaming. Different. Wasn't it?

er-no
Sat 29/12/01 at 01:58
Regular
"everyone says it"
big_slow wrote:
> er-no wrote:
> big_slow wrote:
> er-no y did u tell me to read this? u
> made me come on
> prime for the 3rd time in
> my life for nothing.

I
> didn't tell you
> nothing... ??????

nope. u didnt tell me anyhting.
> really, why did you make me come to prime? u know im stupid and only go to chat
> and wwf forum.

lol.. .thats all I have to say... lol
Sat 29/12/01 at 00:26
er-no wrote:
> big_slow wrote:
> er-no y did u tell me to read this? u made me come on
> prime for the 3rd time in
> my life for nothing.

I didn't tell you
> nothing... ??????

nope. u didnt tell me anyhting. really, why did you make me come to prime? u know im stupid and only go to chat and wwf forum.
Fri 28/12/01 at 23:51
Regular
"everyone says it"
big_slow wrote:
> er-no y did u tell me to read this? u made me come on prime for the 3rd time in
> my life for nothing.

I didn't tell you nothing... ??????
Fri 28/12/01 at 23:43
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
lol @ er-no's previous post.
Fri 28/12/01 at 23:42
er-no y did u tell me to read this? u made me come on prime for the 3rd time in my life for nothing.
Fri 28/12/01 at 23:36
Regular
I dont know what sort of class i am. In a way i am a hardcore gamer, but in general i dont like Platformers/RPGs/Third person crap (DMC, Resi). Although there a few exceptions. I loved Zelda:OOT,Conker and Paper Mario.

I like to stick with my sports sims and driving games.

7 of my 12 PS2 games are either sports or Driving.
Fri 28/12/01 at 23:34
Regular
"everyone says it"
Strafex wrote:
> Pretty good summary there.

The Queen is the most wise and beautiful but
> everyone follows the King because he LOOKS stronger.

The Ace is well chosen
> and great nomination for the joker! ;-)

Thanks Dan.

I think the Joker goes well with the company.. :-D

At the microsoft office in 1999
Bill Gates flies in , completely drunk and stoned. He walks into the days business meeting, all his sueing collegues look at him and after six minutes ask him if he has any ideas. He stands up. Approaches the white board, picks up, drops and then picks up the pen again. He draws a huge and completely pointless letter X on the board.

'erm.. what is that?' Asks a representative.
Gates snaps, 'its are computer console.... MAKE IT'
'We are losing money because some idiot came up with an idea for a computer console shapped like a pointless letter... fire him.

heh... just a lil story.
Fri 28/12/01 at 23:27
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
PS im a 6-8 and Rare RULE!
Fri 28/12/01 at 23:26
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
er-no i HATE this topic!

Why?

Because its gonna win a GAD! ;-)

Seriously its great and i enjoyed it. A very different outlook on gaming that definatly deserves a GAD.

Nice one :-)

semajal
Fri 28/12/01 at 20:25
Regular
LoL at Microsoft being the joker

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.