GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT4- Online only?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Sun 09/03/03 at 17:04
Regular
I have recently heard that the next in the well loved series of Gran Turismo will be online only! This is a real shock to me as I was looking forward to sitting on my own with my PS2 and a copy of GT4 at my side and speeding around the track collecting all of my well-earned gold medals.

I have heard after receiving the weekly SR e-mail that the cars will still be indetructable and this time Ferrari's and more Porsches will be included in the game. This still doesn't really persuade me to buy the network connector and go online just for the pleasure of being able to play GT4.

Don't they realise that not all of the original GT fans will be able to play online due to the cost of it or the cost of having broadband fitted and thge monthly payments connected to that. This may result in GT4 being a flop as not as many people will be able to play it. I am a huge fan of the GT series and particularly GT3 as it was definitely a step in the right direction as driving games are concerned. But even I am not convinced that going online to play games will be all that brilliant as there are bound to be viruses and who knows, you could be talking to a full grown man pretending to be someone of your age which could end in tears.

If too many games are set to be online only, the game developers and producers will definitely lose money as not so many people will be buying their game. Also the games industry could turn into a major place for dodgy people to hang out where they can chat with children without being stopped. Whatever happened to the good old days where playing games was fun without all of this confusion which online gaming will bring.

Does anyone know when GT4 comes out in the USA as if it flops there as an online only game they may change the game to online optional when it reaches Europe? Are you looking forward to GT4? If so would you prefer an online only game or an optional online service? I would definitely without a doubt prefer it to be an online optional game.

What do you think about this? Please get back to me on this subject.

pring
Thu 20/03/03 at 13:59
Regular
"Complete Banker"
http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp? subsectionid=158&articleid=65077&pagetype=2

Yay!! Collision Damage and online racing - it's almost a dream come true. I just hope Polyphony deliver.
Mon 17/03/03 at 07:09
It sounds cool but i dont really like the whole online only idea
Fri 14/03/03 at 20:25
Regular
"  "
They'll probably do what they did with the Porches and have the Ferraris and Lambo's and call them by a tuned name, like the manufacturer that has tuned them up and de-badged them.
Fri 14/03/03 at 13:00
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
It's not in the PAL version for legal reasons so don't waste time trying to find/unlock it.
Fri 14/03/03 at 11:34
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Did you know there is a Lamborghini in the Japanese version of GT3? It's a GT version race car obviously (which is what the Ferrari 360's and 355s will be). I heard some rumour that you could unlock it in the PAL copy but this might just be a myth. It's definitely in the NTSC-J version though cos I own it :-)
Thu 13/03/03 at 20:49
Regular
"  "
We'll see on Sunday. Sunday I tell you!
Thu 13/03/03 at 07:29
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
see what you mean Nat, could you also compare Spurs to Liverpool in the same way ;)
Wed 12/03/03 at 20:51
Regular
"  "
Dave, I can see what you mean, but don't you think that would cause problems? Like there's a Lambo up front, you come up behind in your Celica, if a Celica could catch a Lambo, but you smash up and the Lambo is fine. It's like when Rowan Atkison hit that Mini and battered his MF1 up but the Mini was fine. :D
Wed 12/03/03 at 20:51
Regular
"'what goes here?'"
Rally cars were extremely fast but I thought racing with the Suzuki Escudo was cheating a bit as it was the fastest car in the game. I hated the Zondas as they seemed to go too fast for their brakes.
Wed 12/03/03 at 20:45
Regular
I prefer the lesser known supercars as well though. For example, the British manufacturer Noble.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.