GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBATV (includes gameshows!)"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/12/01 at 11:00
Regular
From SR news

You're watching GBATV
Web posted on 27/12/01 Nintendo have struck a deal with Japanese broadcasters NHK and plan to use the GBA to play interactive gameshows on TV.
The deal with the Nippon Broadcasting Corporation means that Game Boy Advance owners will be able to connect their consoles to the internet (with a specified game pack) and interact with specially televised trivia questions. Tot up the answers at the end and you could be in for big prizes, without even getting up out of your seat. It's kind of the equivalent of playing Who Wants To Be A Millionaire while sitting at home, but with the luxury of having an encyclopedia beside you. Sweet.

As of yet, no further details have been announced, but it's certainly an exciting prospect and just hints at the plans Nintendo have for their little baby. We'll let you know when more info is discovered.
Fri 28/12/01 at 11:00
Regular
From SR news

You're watching GBATV
Web posted on 27/12/01 Nintendo have struck a deal with Japanese broadcasters NHK and plan to use the GBA to play interactive gameshows on TV.
The deal with the Nippon Broadcasting Corporation means that Game Boy Advance owners will be able to connect their consoles to the internet (with a specified game pack) and interact with specially televised trivia questions. Tot up the answers at the end and you could be in for big prizes, without even getting up out of your seat. It's kind of the equivalent of playing Who Wants To Be A Millionaire while sitting at home, but with the luxury of having an encyclopedia beside you. Sweet.

As of yet, no further details have been announced, but it's certainly an exciting prospect and just hints at the plans Nintendo have for their little baby. We'll let you know when more info is discovered.
Fri 28/12/01 at 11:24
Regular
"Long time no see!"
That does sound interesting and it'll be interesting when we've heard more information on it. But I think it'd be more enjoyable if you had to play a multiplater game, from your own home, live on TV, and the overall winner would win the lot. Mario Kart: Super Circuit would be brilliant on that, and being able to do that with GameCube games would be even better!! Testing your 'ninty-knowledge- is still a good idea for a gameshow. What would you win???
Fri 28/12/01 at 11:44
Regular
I think its like playing Who wants to be a millionare on digital, where you tell the v your answers (ive never played it) only that it'll be on your GBA.

There will probably be a league with the people who answer the most right, then you win prizes.
Fri 28/12/01 at 12:19
Speaking of Gameshows several years back i entered for a gameshow on sky one called Games World. I sent in my application form got a reply saying Sorry all places for this series have been taken you have been filed for future gameshows and will be contacted imediately before the new series starts.

Guess what though there was no stinkin other series AHHH!!!!!!!! Most players in the last series were a joke they couldn't do anything one player couldn't even win one round on tekken 2 against Kazuya, Don't get me started on Mario Kart 64 they were continuosly crashing. What losers

cya
Fri 28/12/01 at 12:47
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I used to watch Games World too!! Do you remember those people that came along to challenge you, suposedly having special powers, and being the ultimate gamers in the univerese!! LOL! What a joke! And people got thrown in a pit didn't they??

It's a shame it finnished, as it was good to see how often the N64 was used in the final stages (why did people ever doubt it???). From watching it, I became obsessed with 1080 Snowboarding, but I SILL haven't got it to this day!! Bad luck about not getting on though. What games would yuo have liked to have played? I'm sure there'll be a similar program on again soon!!
Fri 28/12/01 at 12:51
Those "super human players" were called the "Videators" LOL what losers.

Every week they always used 1080 but it was funny when the players could never do decent tricks all they could do was lien air LOL
Fri 28/12/01 at 12:52
I have just remembered that the woman one who was dressed in army gear now works for the official playstation magazine as a researcher or something
Fri 28/12/01 at 14:33
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i used to watch that aswell , they used to show re-runs on sky one some times about a year ago. the players really were @*&~~~ weren't they !
Fri 28/12/01 at 19:51
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
It would be especially great, and also unique, if while you were playing(online via the TV), and you beat someone to first place in a competition, they would be able to download a special prize to your computer, be it a track on mario kart, or a new fighter for street fighter.
I would definetely play it!
Fri 28/12/01 at 20:12
Regular
You would probably have to pay premium rates to play, then pay high rates to enter your quiz scores in a league.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.